1. Join Now

AVForums.com uses cookies. By continuing to use this site, you are agreeing to our use of cookies. Learn More.

Best settings for Powerstrip for CRT?

Discussion in 'Projectors, Screens & Video Processors' started by AndyFov, Aug 29, 2004.

1. AndyFov

AndyFov

Products Owned:
    Products Wanted:
    Ratings:
    +35
    I'm using Powerstrip on my HTPC to tweak resolutions being fed to my NEC 9PG by RGBHV. I had a disc error on the pc last night, which destroyed Powerstrip's ini file, so I'm going to start afresh with a new setup of Powerstrip and fresh re-convergence of the pj to boot.

Previously I used powerstrip to with a 16:9 config with (1280x720p @ 60hz), but once it came to converging the pj I had to use nearly all the horizontal amplitude available to fill the screen. The screen is the right distance from the pj BTW. :) I'm wondering whether there's anything I can adjust in Powerstrip instead so I don't put so much strain on the pj's conv circuits? Any pointers please? In the advanced settings you can adjust front porch and all manner of weird and wonderful variables, but I don't really know what's what.

I'm just keen to know whether anyone here is in a similar boat, and what settings they're using to get the best out of their projector.

TIA

Andy

2. AndyFov

AndyFov

Products Owned:
    Products Wanted:
    Ratings:
    +35
    Just in case anybody is interested, yet they don't know what Powerstrip is, here's a link to a bit of blurb about it. The graphic shows a screenshot of the menu I'm having fun with. :)

http://entechtaiwan.net/util/ps.shtm

Andy

3. Roland @ B4

Roland @ B4

Products Owned:
    Products Wanted:
    Ratings:
    +32
    I think you came in the wrong door

4. AndyFov

AndyFov

Products Owned:
    Products Wanted:
    Ratings:
    +35
    Eh? Is that a 'porch' joke? ;)

Andy

5. christoph

christoph

Products Owned:
    Products Wanted:
    Ratings:
    +3
  6. AndyFov

AndyFov

Products Owned:
    Products Wanted:
    Ratings:
    +35
    Ok, thanks for that. I'll have a play with those resolutions to see how they look.

I am getting on much better with Powerstrip now, and given my lack of skill I have to be fairly satisifed with what I've achieved so far. I have found (using the search facility) a thread from another NEC owner who believes that he's getting the best out of his projector with just vanilla PAL & NTSC scan rates. When I get round to it I'll try both extremes, and will let you know how I get on.

For now, it's just kinda nice to be in a position to watch a dvd when I feel like it, instead of making my eyes go funny by squinting at cross-hatch for hours on end. :)

Andy

7. Roland @ B4

Roland @ B4

Products Owned:
    Products Wanted:
    Ratings:
    +32
    Now I know you are posting in the wrong forum, nobody here actually watches anything on their projectors :devil:

8. Lux In Umbra

Lux In Umbra

Products Owned:
    Products Wanted:
    Ratings:
    +0
    Thats right - but are just about to ... just after fixing that little....

BTW: Any experts in the Scottish Clans here? Which tartan is the red-green-blue slightly offset cross-hatch with little dots in the middle??? (I believe I'm Clan MacBarco...)