1. Join Now

AVForums.com uses cookies. By continuing to use this site, you are agreeing to our use of cookies. Learn More.

Best settings for Hitachi 42PD7200?

Discussion in 'Plasma TVs' started by azz, May 16, 2005.

1. azz

azz

Products Owned:
    Products Wanted:
    Ratings:
    +22
    Hi

Just got this and impressed

I wonder if some one could guide me to the best settings for this TV and also
    were to get a HDMI dvd palyer from but will it make a real differnce over component.

The TV is good but does not itself do progressive scan-my dvd palyer is tosh 330E-will hdmi really make a big diff with this set.

Can anyone else tell me whether set came with any minor cosmetic damage-mine has a some paint missing from under the stand on the front right hand corner and the screen rt hand bottom corner alluminium has been caught on something?

What should i do ? My main night mare was dead pixels and this TV has none that i can spot or buzzing.

Azz
    :lease:

2. ajbeech

ajbeech
    Standard Member

Products Owned:
    Products Wanted:
    Ratings:
    +0
    My screen arrived with minor damage to the right-hand side speaker. I contacted the shop - they are speaking to Hitcahi to get the speakers replaced under warranty.

Still playing with my settings at the moment, used the following as a starting point (see towards end of page 1)

http://www.avforums.com/forums/showthread.php?t=168163

No comment on HDMI - Component looks excellent to me right now, so no need for me to upgrade my player yet.

3. azz

azz

Products Owned:
    Products Wanted:
    Ratings:
    +22
    Thanks for reply.

Sorry for my spelling but thanks for that

I want to make sue everything works before the 28days as i do intend to use the HDMI but only if signif difference

Azz. I will ask my retailer to get things sorted