1. Join Now

AVForums.com uses cookies. By continuing to use this site, you are agreeing to our use of cookies. Learn More.

Best setting for Colour??

Discussion in 'Plasma TVs' started by MrNPG, Aug 6, 2005.

1. MrNPG

MrNPG

Products Owned:
    Products Wanted:
    Ratings:
    +44
    Hi folks,

Just wondering what is the best way to get the Colour setting at the correct level on a plasma?

I have used the THX test pattern with the blue filter but I'm not sure how far to increase the colour setting once you get to the point that they say is correct on the THX pattern. There is a large "range" whereby the test pattern looks correct so it is not so easy to tell when you have it set too high or low.

My present setting for Colour is at about 60-65%. It looks OK but was just wondering whether there is a better way to test it??

Cheers.

2. gizlaroc

gizlaroc

Products Owned:
    Products Wanted:
    Ratings:
    +660
    Yeah, by eye.

I find with most plasmas I have had a play with, the saturation is too high as soon as the test pattern says it is correct, and I end up knocking it back a bit.

Set it up with colours you like, I personally like it to look naturalm, where as friends have their displays with loads of colour and they wouldn't have it any other way, as long as you are happy that is all that matters.