1. Join Now

AVForums.com uses cookies. By continuing to use this site, you are agreeing to our use of cookies. Learn More.

Best Screen size

Discussion in 'Projectors, Screens & Video Processors' started by moosee, Oct 11, 2002.

1. moosee

moosee

Products Owned:
    Products Wanted:
    Ratings:
    +0
    I am planning a front projection unit in my home cinema. I am not sure how to calculate the best screen size to suit the room. We expect to sit between 2.2m and 3.9m from the screen, how big should the screen be ?

Thanks

2. snelly

snelly
    Standard Member

Products Owned:
    Products Wanted:
    Ratings:
    +3
    If it is any help...

I have an AE100, just under 4.0m from the screen and find the 80" width of my screen to be just about perfect...any bigger and I think it woul become awkward to view. At this distance and size the image is good *but* much better as the ambient light drops. Screen door is visible but, for me anyway, a non issue. I personally think the nasties shown from an interlaced source are more annoying

HTH
    Tim

3. JohnS

JohnS

Products Owned:
    Products Wanted:
    Ratings:
    +33
    Biggest is best!!!:D :D :D

Really you need to consider which projector you want to buy and its throw distance to decide if its suitable for the screen size that you consider best for the room.

I think 7ft on an ae100 or 8ft on one of the higher res 1280*720ish pj's as a reasonable compromise of quality and size.