1. Join Now

AVForums.com uses cookies. By continuing to use this site, you are agreeing to our use of cookies. Learn More.

best screen for infocus x1

Discussion in 'Projectors, Screens & Video Processors' started by ofer40, Jun 4, 2005.

1. ofer40

ofer40
    Standard Member

Products Owned:
    Products Wanted:
    Ratings:
    +0
    hi
    i need to replace my matte white screen to a screen with higher gain to get a more bright picture.
    what is the best screen to my projector?
    thank you
    ofer

2. pragmatic

pragmatic

Products Owned:
    Products Wanted:
    Ratings:
    +1,678
    I'm also thinking about this, and although the X1 is not the brightest in the world i think a matt white would help with the contrast and as such this is what i would go for. As it is pretty difficult to watch it with ambient light, but without I find the image bright enough. So I think it would be best to play to the projectors best points.

3. ofer40

ofer40
    Standard Member

Products Owned:
    Products Wanted:
    Ratings:
    +0
    i've ordered from dalite fabric samples and i checked the high power fabric.
    it made the picture a lot brighter and a lot detailed than the matte white.
    i still need to know if i have more than 25 degrees in my room before i decide if this is for me.

4. pragmatic

pragmatic

Products Owned:
    Products Wanted:
    Ratings:
    +1,678
    This is interesting, what about blacks though, I know the X1 usualy produces greys instead of black is this more pronouched on the bright white than the matt one?

As this is one thing that really bugs me, blacks should at least resemble black. Of course if the vibrancy of the colours is greater then this could ofset the need for better blacks.