Best Screen for a Chapel?

Discussion in 'Projectors, Screens & Video Processors' started by Ian Martin, May 29, 2004.

1. Ian Martin

Ian Martin

Products Owned:
    Products Wanted:
    Ratings:
    +0
    I'm a new member in need some advice regarding installing a projector screen in a converted chapel that I'm in the process of buying.

I have a Toshiba MT5 projector (clone of an Infocus) which I currently project on to the white emulsion painted wall in my present house. This works fine as I can virtually black out the room.

The chapel is a different story, as I wont be able to block out the light from the large church windows. I know that I'll need to wait until late evenings until the outside light levels have fallen enough before I use the projector, but I'd be interested to know how much screen gain I should be opting for.

I've been recommended to the Owl Othello screen with a 1.2 gain. The projector is 1000 lumens and will be mounted approximately 13ft back from the 6ft screen. The viewing angle will be virtually head on.

Will a 1.2 gain screen be enough or should I opt for something higher, if so what screen(s) would be recommended?

Would appreciate any thoughts? :lease:

Cheers, Ian