Best scene to make ppl jump

h0l1yw0od

Not big on the movie, but the end of Carrie had me being prised off the ceiling!:blush:

The 6th Sense (don't want to say what in case some still haven't seen it

Gordon @ Convergent AV

Distinguished Member
AVForums Sponsor
The Others: Scene where Nicole Kidman has to go up stairs to check out spare room where her child says the folk in the house are hiding. You need to watch from beggining of scene for full effect. Latsw about 3-5 minutes but if your system is working properly the hairs on back of your neck will be up and everyone will crap themselves....hahahaha..

Gordon

The classic scene is the one from Jaws when the head pops out of the boat.

I was also deeply shocked when Patrick Swayze appeared in Donnie Darko. Who would have thought he would ever be in anything good.

A

Adders

Best 'jump' scene for me has to be the 'double' dream sequence in 'American Werewolf in London'!

karkus30

Banned
Jaws was a good one, how about the bit in Sixth sense where the Girl grabs the Boys leg while hes stood near the bed.

Or that bit in poltergiest where th kid loses the clown.

Even that bit in LOTR when the cave troll is chasing frodo around the sarcophagus.

Hell, I jump in nearly every film, so Im probably not the ideal for picking out the best ones.

S

Squirrel God

I jumped while watching Spider-Man last night. Was the scene near the start of the movie, when one of the characters awakens in the morning has a flashback of the night before. Had to turn the volume down a bit after that :blush:

karkus30

Banned
Just remembered another one..............minority report, where cruise is looking at the three people in the floating tank and one of them wakes up.............I was nearly on the roof and I knew it was going to happen.

LDR

Not a scene from a movie but an Alice Cooper song !!

At the end of this track it all goes quiet and then a very eerie voice pipes up "Steeeeven"

I recorded that for a mate (called Steven) on the end of CD I had ripped for him and didnt tell him..he went home to listen to it on his stereo with his headphones on..lying on his bed dozing off..and then

"STEEEEEVEN"

I wish I could have been there cos when he told me about it I couldnt stop laffing for ages !!! :D

karkus30

Banned
Originally posted by LDR
Not a scene from a movie but an Alice Cooper song !!

At the end of this track it all goes quiet and then a very eerie voice pipes up "Steeeeven"

I recorded that for a mate (called Steven) on the end of CD I had ripped for him and didnt tell him..he went home to listen to it on his stereo with his headphones on..lying on his bed dozing off..and then

"STEEEEEVEN"

I wish I could have been there cos when he told me about it I couldnt stop laffing for ages !!! :D
:D LOL sort of trick I like to play.

Dave H

The bit in Alien were the creature bursts out of the man,and the bit in the Thing the defibilater (spelling) scene :eek:

Dave.

S

Squirrel God

***MAJOR SPOILER BELOW***

Originally posted by obiwan
You are obviously refering to the guy who got creamed by the bus.
If that was a guy then I don't think you should post any pictures of the women you've been out with :D :D It was a woman that got creamed by the bus ;)

the_pauley

Banned
Again, 'The Others', and again a scene that only works with a good surround set-up, namely the bit in the children's bedroom where the ghost runs across the room and whips the curtains open.

Eeeek!

NicolasB

Distinguished Member
The bit in "Aliens" where the apparently dead face-hugger in the glass jar suddenly slams itself against the glass.

A

adi

castaway - tom's there on the plane havin a pee, then
BOOM - the door's open, he's hung on for grim death - and i'm sat in me chair covered in caffreys !!!

Dave H

Oh I forgot the scene in Fight club when he's on the plane and another plane flys into it:D

Dave.

PaulBoy

A couple that spring to mind ...
The Haunting (yes I know its pants but the sound Discrete ES !!!)
There's a real quiet bit with the characters all gathered round the dinner table & a piece of coal cracks in the fire (happens right behind you in DTS-ES) scares the sh!t out of ya ...
On Fantasia 2000 the Firebird Suite there's a bit near the start where it goes from real quiet to REAL LOUD in a split second & I was drinking coffee at the time !!! (ouch:eek: )
Paul ;)

G

Grimley

Originally posted by NicolasB
The bit in "Aliens" where the apparently dead face-hugger in the glass jar suddenly slams itself against the glass.
The only time i've ever jumped in a cinema watching a film & the only time i've seen 1200 other people jump at the same time!

obiwan

Novice Member
Yep, what theatre was that in, I reckon I was there.:cool:

I remember watching some movie(cant remember title) in theatre and this guy was about to get his face ripped off by a lawnmower, not a flymo, a monster mower.

I only realised that I myself was also trying to dodge the blades as I was leaning back so much I could hear the couple behind me laughing. I was totally immersed in the movie so much I cant remember the title now.

Also while on the subject, I remember watching Jurasic Park. The scene where the TRex is doing the hundred meters donw the track, two young lads in next row in front, one turned and sneezed on the other, in his face!!, gruesome, the victim promptly turned on his friend with a kind of sitting uppercut......funniest thing I ever see in the movies. I mean some special effects for that.

G

Grimley

Mr. Jedi, (sorry, Master Jedi! :D )
It was the old Odeon 2 (Southend-on-Sea, now closed sadly) way back in October 1986.

micb3rd

Novice Member

I remember watching some movie(cant remember title) in theatre and this guy was about to get his face ripped off by a lawnmower, not a flymo, a monster mower.

I only realised that I myself was also trying to dodge the blades as I was leaning back so much I could hear the couple behind me laughing. I was totally immersed in the movie so much I cant remember the title now.
I bet you are talking about the film Point Break with Keanu Reeves, Patrick Swayze and Gary Busey.

http://us.imdb.com/Title?0102685