best scart lead.

Discussion in 'Blu-ray & DVD Players & Recorders' started by 7 of 9, Feb 3, 2003.

1. 7 of 9

7 of 9

Products Owned:
    Products Wanted:
    Ratings:
    +0
    what scart lead out of these: philex thor scart £30, qed squart 4110 rgb £50 and supra av6 rgb £79.99 will give the best picture with a multi-region toshiba 220 dvd player and a jvc av-28t25ek.

thanks for all help

2. morg

morg

Products Owned:
    Products Wanted:
    Ratings:
    +0
    I have the qed squart and get a great picture with it. Dont know
    anything about the other two.

3. FoxyMulder

FoxyMulder

Products Owned:
    Products Wanted:
    Ratings:
    +0
    I have the Monster 3 video scart cost £69.99 amazingly well built very very good picture using it hooked upto a 32inch version of the JVC tv u have and have set DVD player also the same as urs to s-video but of the scarts u mention i think the Supra one is the best, the JVC tv resolves picture imformation right through to 5.8mhz so i suggest u get the best u can afford after all its gonna last u a long long time

4. juboy

juboy

Products Owned:
    Products Wanted:
    Ratings:
    +0
    I have the Supra AV6 SCART and it's the best SCART I've ever used. Up until then, the best I'd seen was the Ecosse Armageddon but the Supra is even better than that.

If you buy it through one of the forums sponsers here and enter in the 'avforums' 5% off voucher code, it'll only cost you £66.50. That said, on a 28" TV the differences are less noticeable.

I would tend to agree with FoxyMulder though, if you buy the best SCART to start with, you won't have that constant problem of thinking 'what if?' and ending up spending more upgrading in the future.

5. leeoh

leeoh
    Standard Member

Products Owned:
    Products Wanted:
    Ratings:
    +0
    agreed the Supra AV6 is the best I've used also. If you're handy with a soldering iron buy the cable itself from Supra direct in Kent approx £11.00 metre and a couple of scart connectors and hey presto you've got a supreb RGB only scart for minimal outlay. I did and have made two and am very pleased.:smashin:

6. TheBigApple

TheBigApple

Products Owned:
    Products Wanted:
    Ratings:
    +13
    I bought 5 philex thor 1.5m scart to scart leads to connect Sky digital, DVD player and vcr to my plasma and to be honest couldn't notice any improvement over the cheap scart leads that were supplied with said items.