Best Scart Cable available.

E

Estoril-5

Hi guys,

what is the best scart cable to purchase for my freeview box to my new hanspree xv 37 as at the moment the picture quality isnt A1 and im hoping its due to the scart cable.

how much does the actual freeview reciever and scart play in teh quality of the picture?

:lease: help

thanks

Stung

I don't know about the best scart, but I use Thor scart cables. Excellent results for the money. Just google 'thor scart' for the best prices.

davepuma

Distinguished Member
Another :thumbsup: for the THOR. I have one but it's 1.5m long, so if you don't need that length and want to keep your install as tidy as poss, use a shorter cable. I've also got Vivanco Prowires (£12), QED and IXOX (£30 plus) in my system and all give a better picture than the standard cheap and nasty cables. However, the difference between cheap ones and expensive ones aren't that noticeable IMHO. Another cheap cable to look out for that's good quality is Philex at around £10 from play.com.

TBH, the pic on Freeview isn't up to much and might be the box itself. The pic difference from freeview boxes can vary quite dramatically but it's more noticeable on bigger screens. Something else to try if your TV is LCD is to run a calibration disc such as DVE or the THX one (I think) on the Disney Pixar disc 'Cars'. I think Terminator 2 has one as well but I'm not sure. I ran that on my DVD player and the pic improved no end on the LCD in my bedroom.

Guvna

I used to use a QED Sqart. Unidirectional and RGB only (no audio). It cost approx £70 and is a cracking scart. Would be willing to let it go for £30 + p+p if you're interested.

All my sources using HDMI & Component now so surplus to requirements. Will be listing all cables on ebay very shortly.

markbigears

Another thumbs up for THOR, quality output from my Toppy.

E

Estoril-5

I used to use a QED Sqart. Unidirectional and RGB only (no audio). It cost approx £70 and is a cracking scart. Would be willing to let it go for £30 + p+p if you're interested.

All my sources using HDMI & Component now so surplus to requirements. Will be listing all cables on ebay very shortly.

if the scart is RGB only how do you get sound from the set top box????

The latest video from AVForums

Movies Podcast: Star Trek in 4K. Is the new boxset worth it?
Subscribe to our YouTube channel
Support AVForums with Patreon

Top Bottom