1. Join Now

AVForums.com uses cookies. By continuing to use this site, you are agreeing to our use of cookies. Learn More.

Best Scaler for the Fujitsu P50XHA40US

Discussion in 'Projectors, Screens & Video Processors' started by glenncol, Aug 1, 2005.

1. glenncol

glenncol

Products Owned:
    Products Wanted:
    Ratings:
    +0
    Hi guys

I am after a little input form you all regarding the best scaler for the Fujitsu XHA40US 50" panel

I would like to get as close to possible to 1 to 1 pixel mapping at 50hz and overall best PQ without going nuts on price

What are your thoughts

2. NonPayingMember

NonPayingMember
    Previously Liam @ Prog AV

Products Owned:
    Products Wanted:
    Ratings:
    +830
    For the cost-conscious this is the last week of being able to get a Lumagen VisionDVI for £695 which is easily the most bang-for-buck. Close second being the VisionHDP which is priced above the £1000 mark (iScan and Cinemateq territory) but competes closer to the £2k products (Crystalio and ProHDP ground) than the £1k ones IMO. Looking back it seems I can't help but want to recommend Lumagen!!

Regarding 1:1 - any scaler will struggle equally as it is the screens input signal acceptance that is at question here. For the Luma+Fuji installs we have done, all have 1:1 @ 60Hz and a "backup" 720p @ 50Hz setting for when judder from FRC to 60Hz annoys. Feedback so far is that very few bother flicking over to their 720p setting except for one or two who do for sport (although I was thoroughly enjoying the womens beach volleyball the other week at 60Hz without issue)

3. Cummo

Cummo
    Standard Member

Products Owned:
    Products Wanted:
    Ratings:
    +1
    ...wouldn't the volleyball have produced a bounce issue Liam?

4. NonPayingMember

NonPayingMember
    Previously Liam @ Prog AV

Products Owned:
    Products Wanted:
    Ratings:
    +830
    I was worried of as much. So I ensured I paid particularly close attention to curves on the image (watching for jaggies that is), and also overall detail especially where, ahem, skin meets sand meets bikini... a terribly difficult kind of image to reproduce accurately. Slow mo replays were used.