1. Join Now

AVForums.com uses cookies. By continuing to use this site, you are agreeing to our use of cookies. Learn More.

Best Satellites???!!!

Discussion in 'Home Cinema Speakers' started by Les E, Aug 19, 2005.

1. Les E

Les E

Products Owned:
    Products Wanted:
    Ratings:
    +14
    What would people consider the best satellite speakers on the market at the mo? I have been looking at the Anthony Gallo Nucleus Micro Satellite Speakers?

I would need a 6.1 set-up too! :D

2. Ian J

Ian J
    Banned

Products Owned:
    Products Wanted:
    Ratings:
    +4,906
    There is no such thing as "best" as one man's meat is another man's poison as they say.

Anthony Gallo speakers have an enthusiastic following on the forum but I will be the first to admit that I am not one of them as I think that they are too dependant on the partnering equipment and although I have heard them sound pretty good I have heard them sound pretty poor more often.

If you are interested in small round speakers have a look at the Orb speakers which some say sound better but only cost half the price directly from the American manufacturer.

I assume that as you are posting in an AV forum that you are looking at AV rather than hifi speakers. If that's the case why not check out the M&K K range of speakers which are rather good.

3. Joe Fernand

Joe Fernand
    Distinguished Member AVForums Sponsor

Products Owned:
    Products Wanted:
    Ratings:
    +2,572
    Ian Ian Ian...

How can a copy cat design sound better than the original - if the originals are tricky to integrate with source and room I'm sure the copy cats will be just the same!

Les E - as Ian says there are no 'the best' satellites; nor anything else for that matter in this market.

The Anthony Gallo Micro's and A'Diva's you ask about certainly cant be the best - otherwise Gallo would not be in the process of releasing the slightly more expensive Ti range; which by all accounts are a worthwhile upgrade to the original and still very viable 'originals'.

See http://www.roundsound.com/micro.html

If you want more 'traditional' looking cabinets then Ian's recommendation of M&K is very relevant - though keep in mind the entry level K-Series require a decent amplifier (that's 4 ohm compatible) to get them working well.

Your signature says you have the KEF KHT - I wonder would you be better to aim high and build towards your aspiration rarer than simply swapping out an entry level sub/sat package for something that's one step up the ladder.

Best regards

Joe

4. Stellavision

Stellavision

Products Owned:
    Products Wanted:
    Ratings:
    +86
    Have you looked at the larger kef satellites?
    I have the KHT 9000 Ace speakers for my front sound stage and I find them superb. For something a little smaller the new 6000's look good, also using the 'ACE' technology, although I haven't heard them yet.