Quantcast

Best Sat Nav at present?

p1oneer

Banned
Since I'm getting a new car tomorrow I thought I'd take a look at the sat nav market and see what's available. I was planning on getting a car with a built in sat nav but read that they're not that great.

I've currently got a tom tom which is great but I really dislike the window mount - the sat nav never looks level and often falls off the window. My last sat nav was a navigon and was great until the charger socket broke after 6 months use.

What would you say is the best make to look at now? I'll be looking for a higher end sat nav but want it to work well and have plenty of features like getting my phone contacts on it, etc.

I would also prefer one that can be dashboard mounted as appose to windscreen mounted.

KeithO

Novice Member
Since I'm getting a new car tomorrow I thought I'd take a look at the sat nav market and see what's available. I was planning on getting a car with a built in sat nav but read that they're not that great.

I've currently got a tom tom which is great but I really dislike the window mount - the sat nav never looks level and often falls off the window. My last sat nav was a navigon and was great until the charger socket broke after 6 months use.

What would you say is the best make to look at now? I'll be looking for a higher end sat nav but want it to work well and have plenty of features like getting my phone contacts on it, etc.

I would also prefer one that can be dashboard mounted as appose to windscreen mounted.
Why not get a navigation app on your phone, and pick up a cheap mount? I'm using the TomTom app and I'd say it's almost as good as a standalone device, way cheaper, and one less thing to carry with you.

Top Bottom