Best "rubbish" movies?

Matt_C

Distinguished Member
Reaction score
You know, those movies that are actually rubbish, yet you still like them :D

Like "Snakes On A Plane" - come on, it was RUBBISH! But at the same time it was awesome, and had you grinning the whole way through!

What ya got - just for fun! :smashin:

Twilight, G.I Joe and just about any rom-com you care to mention. :smashin:

Starship troopers!
Absolute tosh, but I love it for some stupid reason :suicide:

i love Tron Legacy but everyone seems to hate it...:rolleyes:

also, The Last Dragon, utter tosh but what a classic 80's kung fu movie!! :thumbsup:

G.I Joe was heavily criticised especially by the die hard fans of the cartoon but I really enjoyed it.

Eraser.

Starship troopers!
Absolute tosh, but I love it for some stupid reason :suicide:

This is far from rubbish (or "tosh"). Like Robocop it's another smart sci-fi satire by Verhoeven, an allegory about WWII fascism and the most subversive Hollywood film the 90s. What other big budget film makes you realise half way through that you've been cheering the bad guys all along ? :facepalm:

Last edited:
Jay And Silent Bob Strikes back - Love it. Most people hate it.

The Expendables! ;-)

Total stupidness but totally awesome! Cant wait for 2!

Battlefied Earth. No shame in admitting it, a lot of fun, good sets and SFX rivals much, much higher budgeted movies.

Preferred the cinema version to the home release version though.

I really enjoyed the A-Team! Much better than I was expecting..

Also, I think im one of the few that enjoyed sucker punch :blush:

House of the Dead. Universally hated, but I've watched it more times than I'd like to admit.

Has to be Hackers for me. Stylised tosh, but I love it and have watched it countless times.

Stone Cold
They Live!

They Live!

I've never considered that to be tosh... Damn that was such an enjoyable movie from Carpenter. :laugh:

Ones that I found myself watching over and over again as a teenager but when looking back are absolute garbage were..

Psycho III
Leviathan
Robocop 2
Powder
Predator 2
Hardware
A film where I can't remember the title but goes something like.... a guy out in the desert (nuclear test area) gets bitten by a snake on the hand and his hand turns into a snake head and they go on a killing spree... Awful stuff! :laugh: (I thought it was called 'The Bite' but am unsure!!)

My vote goes to Stealth :blush:

How about supposedly great films being crap?

For example. This is England pretty much gets 5 stars on every review..... I loathe the film.

Best rubbish films? Hmmm, I'll have to think harder.:)

These sort of threads always baffle me , if you like the movie they're not rubbish. at least in your opinion. Just sounds like movie snobbery where people pretend that The Godfather is their favourite movie then really they prefer something like Weekend at Bernie's.

How about supposedly great films being crap?

For example. This is England pretty much gets 5 stars on every review..... I loathe the film

Dons tin hat...

people pretend that The Godfather is their favourite movie then really they like something like Weekend at Bernie's.

Nothing wrong with Weekend at Bernie's (sequel was poor) - I prefer it to the Godfather!

Bloodsport and Kickboxer.

Some of the worst acting in the universe but I love both films!!!!

where people pretend that The Godfather is their favourite movie then really they prefer something like Weekend at Bernie's.

Personally I think both are great. Weekend at Bernies is hilarious IMHO, and The Godfather is a superb story and worthy of all accolades.

Like you say. Each to their own. I never rate a film because it's supposed to be good, I actually watch them and then give an opinion.

The latest video from AVForums

Is 4K Blu-ray Worth It?
Subscribe to our YouTube channel
Back
Top Bottom