Best router for wireless gaming?

gingerchris90

Novice Member
I'm hoping to set up wireless gaming for my 360. I've got a reliable internet service but can anyone tell me what's the best modem/router for reliable uninterrupted wireless gaming?

DD3

Novice Member
there isnt one that will always be uniterupted... wireless will always be susceptable to interference, some products are better than others. If you want uninterupted gaming use a wire if you can if not next best is homeplug then wireless.

Cerberus UK

Standard Member
I'm hoping to set up wireless gaming for my 360. I've got a reliable internet service but can anyone tell me what's the best modem/router for reliable uninterrupted wireless gaming?
I would advise you to buy the DGL-4300 Wireless 108G Gaming Router!
its specially designed for games and will help reduce lag and disconnections also! Its about £100 but well worth it.

U can also make gaming a priority over other activities such as someone using another computer which is handy if u have multiple computers :D

runam0k

I'm using one of these at the moment: Dynamode R-ADSL-C4W-EG, a very nice little modem/router. Performance has been rock solid, the signal is better than my old Linksys and the feature set is just as comprehensive (including the Quality of Service options referred to above i.e. giving priority to gaming traffic).

Excellent value for money.

If you're looking for a more reliable wireless network, you may wish to consider A band capable routers. The A band is less susceptible to interference (Microsoft recommend it for streaming), although it's no faster than G.

As mentioned, Homeplugs are an alternative to wireless. They essentially give you a wired connection.

The latest video from AVForums

Podcast: CES 2021 Special - Sony, LG, Panasonic, Samsung, TCL and Hisense TV news and more...
Top Bottom