1. Join Now

AVForums.com uses cookies. By continuing to use this site, you are agreeing to our use of cookies. Learn More.

Best RGB-to-VGA converter for plasma use and setting up

Discussion in 'Plasma TVs' started by Pat Marcus, Jun 21, 2005.

1. Pat Marcus

Pat Marcus

Products Owned:
    Products Wanted:
    Ratings:
    +8
    Anyone had any experience of the QED Qsync ? Its the most expensive converter on the market, Ive seen and wondered how it compared to everyone's favourite JS Tech. I dont think Ive ever seen a review.

When Piers and I tried the JS tech with the fujitsu we got a terrible result, leading us to go the route of RGB-to-Svideo conversion (also JS tech) instead. However, Fujitsu assure me that conversion to VGA should be better than to S (as it is on the Pannys) and that the converter must have been faulty.
    Are there VGA settings I need to alter ?

2. Liam @ Prog AV

Liam @ Prog AV
    Well-known Member AVForums Sponsor

Products Owned:
    Products Wanted:
    Ratings:
    +827
    What was the issue with the JS box?? I do have clients with VGA converters on their Fuji's which are working fine. Be interested to know what you've come accross.

Incidentally the Q-sync is expensive, but includes a lump of expensive QED cabling in the cost. The JS box is still the better device, and if you think about it once you've added a high grade scart and VGA lead you've hit £200 so it is the most expensive route out there too.

3. Pat Marcus

Pat Marcus

Products Owned:
    Products Wanted:
    Ratings:
    +8
    Thanks, Liam. I really didnt think there was a problem with the converter but the picture was unwatchably bad. So either the VGA input is knackered, the converter was broken or there are settings within the Fuji to do with VGA, that Ive not found. If I can get this resolved Id love to go RGB-to-VGA as I need th S video socket that I am currently using for something else.
    Have you tried RGB-to-VGA jstech vs RGB-to-S jstech as a comparison. If you have or, could, it would help me to narrow down where the potential problem lies.