Best retailer for buying an A300?

C

Captain chaos

Hey there,

I haven't been frequenting this board for very long, but im just looking for some advice really.

I have just over a grand saved up, and was going to buy one of the Tosh Picture Frame or Pic Frame 2 TVs, but was also playing with the idea of getting a Pan A300 projector.

Can anyone tell me what is the best online price for one of these projectors, and do most retailers do a dead pixel check?

Thanks for your time!

CC.

I bought mine from Nexnix with pixel check for about £1700. I've seen posts that tell of cheaper prices elsewhere but Nexnix have a great reputation for quality of service, particularly on this forum.

I for one, can whole-heartidly recommend them - fantastic service. PJ is pretty good also, by the way!!!

Ditto...

Loads of positive feedback from happy Nexnix customers on here at the moment.

;)

I'll third that, Nexnix were friendly, cheap and very quick. I would recommend them any day.

themoron :mad:)

P.S. always pay more to have the pixel check done.

"P.S. always pay more to have the pixel check done."

what happens if nexnix send you a projector with no dead pixels but a week after you get it, you notice some have gone?
if the amount of dead pixels falls under panasonic's accepted levels, wouldn't paying for a dead pixel check have been a waste of money?

cheers,

d

Ahh, oh dear. £1700 is somewhat more than I am willing to part with at the moment. What is the high street retail price for a A300?
I had thought given that i've seen the A100 for sale at around £750-1000 that the A300 would be around £1200-1400 max.

Oh, well in that case I may wait a few months for the first price drop, and i'll just stick the grand I have into an ISA or something.

dcullen302

True it would have been pointless if that is the case, but you have still increased your chances of having one with good pixels.

If you received your pj without having a pixel check and it had enough dead pixels to be replaced under guarantee then firstly you would have to post it back using an insured carrier (which would cost more than twenty pounds and then wait several days/weeks to receive one back.

It's entirely up to you but personally I think it's worth it.

themoron :mad:)

"Best retailer for buying an A300?"

Speak to Lucy at Nexnix.co.uk/(01403) 756777

Excellent service

Matt :)

Most shops give great service when taking your money, but has anyone tried getting their pj replaced or tried getting a refund if faulty from Nexnix.
what are they like on things like that?

To my knowledge, they have taken back quite a few faulty HS-10's without any problems.... have a little search around the board to be sure

From what I've seen, Be Direct are the cheapest place. But they don't have the facilities to carry out pixel checks. I'm still waiting to see if they will offer a guarnteed replacement should the projector have dead pixels, but I'm not hopeful. If they can then I'll put in a order with them.

"Robertsons", "Go2camcorder", "Techtronics" and "Crampton and Moore" (co.uk) seem cheap, but I haven't contacted them yet about dead pixels, does anybody know their policies on the matter?

Komplett won't do anything concerning pixels, so they're out as far as I'm concerned.

The only places I've seen offering pixel checks are NexNix (excellent rep on here) and Discount Electrical. The latter is cheaper and does free checks, so I'll have saved enough cash for Buffy season 6 :D .

So anyway I'm leaning towards Discount Electrical right now, but that hinges on Be Directs answer to pixel replacements.

Any other things I should take into account?

I emailed Robertsons (i've bought stuff from them in the past) to ask if they'd do a dead pixel check. They won't !!

So, if you bought from them I'd guess you'd be tied to the manufacturers pixel policy. On the Nexnix web site the Panasonic policy is stated as:

- Up to four blue is classed as acceptable anything over is replaced.
- Up to one red is classed as acceptable anything over is replaced.
- If you have one green it is unacceptable and will be replaced.

Anyone know why the differences for the different coloured panels?

Regards

I have also been considering BE Direct.

If you read the terms and conditions it says if you find your product to be unsuitable then you can send it back and you will get a full refund without any problems. Of course you will have to pay for the postage costs...

I am thinking about taking the risk and If it has dead pixels just sending it back and getting a refund...

I would have thought the chances of getting one without dead pixels is greater than getting one with dead pixels...

What are your thoughts?

Interestingly Panasonic have been a bit more accomodating of late in the Lit/Dead pixel area, we can get PJ's credited for lit pixels now that would have been rejected before. I still thing a check is worthwhile, of the last batch of 20 AE100's four of five had really bad blue central pixels - makes you wonder if these things get checked in the factory or if Panasonic just 'hope' people won;t mind??

Ben

benji_m :hiya: ,

Do you guys have any AE300's in stock, cause your site says "Advanced orders being taken" but places like NexNix and Techtronics have already set out orders. I am sort of aiming to get one in my hands next week (in time for Die Another Day ;) ) but thats not set in stone.

Also whats my position if any dead pixels develop shortly after I get the projector? I guess the pixel check just covers dead pixels there from the beginning but is there any kind of 30 day guarnteed replacement of whatever?
Thanks! :smashin:

We have now got the 200 with the 300 arriving late this week or early next week (Hopefully!) We treat pixels on a case by case basis, but we can generally 'Accomodate' any problems that occur, usually about a month or so from DOP. Having said that we have never had Panasonic projectors 'developing' lit pixels after sale, so if its OK when it leaves us it will generally be OK. But like I say Panasonic are beggining to be a little more flexible with us on this issue!

Best Regards

Ben

This assuming you still want the Panny AE300.

So if I order this week, what are the odds for getting it here by this Friday? I assume after it arrives you'll need a day or so to do the pixel check and process the order, ect. I was hoping to have it for the up-coming lonnnnnnnnnng weekend :smashin:

Bad News Guys!

Panasonic have let us down (and a few other retailers I think!) the next batch is not going to be here until at least early next week. I will of course keep you updated!

Ben

Disappointing news there Benji_m :( , but thanks for the update :smashin:

NexNix are out of AE300's too.
Tried to buy one yesterday. Told stock should be in sometime in May:(

Originally posted by HappyLad
NexNix are out of AE300's too.
Tried to buy one yesterday. Told stock should be in sometime in May:(

When I bought mine from there they said they were only getting an initial order of 30 so it looks like the first batch into the country have been spread pretty thin.

£1,558 from Ivojo.co.uk, which I think includes delivery. Bought my plasma from them a couple of months ago and was pleased with their service. No idea if they operate a pixel check.

Regards

Rob

The latest video from AVForums

TV Buying Guide - Which TV Is Best For You?
Subscribe to our YouTube channel
Back
Top Bottom