• New Patreon Tier and Early Access Content available. If you would like to support AVForums, we now have a new Patreon Tier which gives you access to selected news, reviews and articles before they are available to the public. Read more.

Best resolution for my tv

superdave

Standard Member
I recently purchased a tv from argos which has 1440 x 900 as its native relution. is there anyway to set this resolution for my 360? Using the component caples i only get the option of 720 or 1080 and with my vga cable i dont get that res as an option either. if there is no way of setting it then which resolution do you think will work the best. im currently using 720p which means im down scaling but the picture is still really good.

also i need a cable to connect my pc to my new tv and i have no idea what i need so does anyone no what i need? any help would be appreciated thanks.

I recently purchased a tv from argos which has 1440 x 900 as its native relution. is there anyway to set this resolution for my 360? Using the component caples i only get the option of 720 or 1080 and with my vga cable i dont get that res as an option either. if there is no way of setting it then which resolution do you think will work the best. im currently using 720p which means im down scaling but the picture is still really good.

also i need a cable to connect my pc to my new tv and i have no idea what i need so does anyone no what i need? any help would be appreciated thanks.

What's the model number mate? Sounds a bit weird because 1440x900 is a 16:10 resolution (AKA only usually used on pc monitors). As for VGA, the best option would be 1360x768 on the XBox 360.

SeeNoWeevil

Prominent Member
Dave you can choose more specific resolutions with the 360 vga cable, as you say component is only 720p etc.

Saying that though I don't think there is a 1440 res with vga therefore just leave it at 720p.

The latest video from AVForums

Is 8K TV dead? Philips OLED+907, Pioneer LX505 AVR plus B&W 700 S3 Reviews & Visit + AV/HiFi News
Subscribe to our YouTube channel
Support AVForums with Patreon

Top Bottom