1. Join Now

AVForums.com uses cookies. By continuing to use this site, you are agreeing to our use of cookies. Learn More.

best remote for my needs

Discussion in 'Home Cinema Control & Remote Controls' started by mediamogul, Feb 3, 2002.

1. mediamogul

mediamogul

Products Owned:
    Products Wanted:
    Ratings:
    +18
    could anyone recomend to me a good remote to control my phillips 369525,jvc svhs,tosh sd-200, dvd denon 3801 ,sky + and echostar digital sat. funds are a bit tight at the moment but i could go up to £100 perhaps.i want something reasonably easy to use,(wife and kids have no patience).

2. Spencem

Spencem

Products Owned:
    Products Wanted:
    Ratings:
    +5
    Richer Sounds are doing the Pronto for £150 It will do all that you need and more, so long as you can use a PC to configure it from. With this you can make stuff so simple anyone coulduse it, for instance I have one button labled DVD that switches the TV to AV4 the Amp on and to DVD input and then puts the DVD navigation controls on screen, even my 6 year old can use it:D

I could well be wrong, but I don't think you will get this functionality elsewhere for less money.

3. mediamogul

mediamogul

Products Owned:
    Products Wanted:
    Ratings:
    +18
    thanks martin, it does sound good, ill have to save a bit more.

4. monkeyleader

monkeyleader

Products Owned:
    Products Wanted:
    Ratings:
    +90
    Hey,

Having just bought the Pronto2mb from Richer sounds this weekend I can really recomend it. One of its best features in my book is that you have different views for differnet people. If like me you are one to get the most out of a device then you can have buttons here, buttons there .... but then simply give it to the wife, she presses her name on the scree and has 4 buttons in front of her (for example I wanna watch sky, I wanna watch a dvd, I wanna listen to radio, turn it all off)

Trusts me - its great - and even the wife agrees !

nige

5. mediamogul

mediamogul

Products Owned:
    Products Wanted:
    Ratings:
    +18
    thanks for the info i ordered the pronto from richer sounds over yhe net on 4/2/02 havnt got it yet. Glad i did when i did as the price has now gone up to £188