Best Remote Control

Discussion in 'Xbox Forums' started by Duel, Apr 26, 2007.

1. Duel

Duel
    Banned

Products Owned:
    Products Wanted:
    Ratings:
    +88
    Was considering buying a remote for my 360. Would be useful when watching DVDs and listening to CDs. I've also noticed that you can power off the console with them - can you do this with the controller too? (I don't have my console yet).

Am looking for one which combines good functionality with a cheap price - any recommendations? Not too fussed about having an all-in-one but would be a perk if it could handle my home theatre and TV along with the 360.

2. Orca

Orca

Products Owned:
    Products Wanted:
    Ratings:
    +61
    Yes you can turn your console on and off using the controller. As for remotes I only know of the two official ones, one is the full one with number buttons and another is a mini one which don't. The mini isn't officially sold I think but you can pick one up from eBay. The full one is sold as an accessory. I have tried the full one and it certainly does its job... it's a remote so there's nothing else I can really say about it other than it might seem a bit pricey to some (around £20 pound last time I checked). Third party ones however I have no experience with but they're bound to be cheaper.

3. tinners

tinners

Products Owned:
    Products Wanted:
    Ratings:
    +242
    You could pick up a Logitech Harmony from fleabay for £40/£50 and control everything. I use mine for the 360 and it works a treat switching TV to right input, switching amp to the right input etc.

4. DragonOfSilver

DragonOfSilver

Products Owned:
    Products Wanted:
    Ratings:
    +73
    As a note the retail packaged mini ones on ebay are fakes, that don't work nearly as well as real thing. not sure how many real ones there are about.

5. mroshaw

mroshaw

Products Owned:
    Products Wanted:
    Ratings:
    +39
    I second that. I bought a Harmony 885 from eBay for 80 quid and it works a treat with the 360.

6. Duel

Duel
    Banned

Products Owned:
    Products Wanted:
    Ratings:
    +88
    Thanks for responses all. :)

The official one looks fine but am not willing to spend £20 on it - probably obtainable for under £10 on eBay methinks.

The Harmony looks amazingly sweet but I could never justify spending that much on a remote unless I was rolling around in cash...which I'm very much not atm.

Unless there is an unofficial one that is better than the official one I will probably keep my eye on the Bay for a bargain Microsoft controller.

7. McPhee

McPhee

Products Owned:
    Products Wanted:
    Ratings:
    +222
    I just use the 360 pad, works ok and doesnt cost £20

8. supermotorider

supermotorider
    Banned

Products Owned:
    Products Wanted:
    Ratings:
    +0
    Mine cost £150 and controls everything, did come with some speakers and stuff on the side, make is Pioneer or something ? :D