1. Join Now

AVForums.com uses cookies. By continuing to use this site, you are agreeing to our use of cookies. Learn More.

Best Recording of Vivaldi's Four Seasons?

Discussion in 'Music & Music Streaming Services' started by dynamic turtle, Apr 20, 2005.

1. dynamic turtle

dynamic turtle

Products Owned:
    Products Wanted:
    Ratings:
    +17
    Hey people,

Here's a quick question for you:

If you were allowed to own only one recording of Vivaldi's Four Seasons on Vinyl (or STEREO sacd, for those living in the 21st century!), which one would it be and why?

Rgds,
    DT

2. dynamic turtle

dynamic turtle

Products Owned:
    Products Wanted:
    Ratings:
    +17
    Had a look on vivante for four seasons on heavy vinyl, but couldn't see any. I think they had a couple on sacd & xrcd, but nothing that really took my fancy. Not entirely sure if there are any "reference" recording left tbh. There are some highly considered OOP recordings, but have you seen the price of them!?!?

DT

3. cheeseywang

cheeseywang
    Standard Member

Products Owned:
    Products Wanted:
    Ratings:
    +1
    Funnily enough I just bought a copy of this on Monday - £6.99 for the Deutsche Grammophon - Karajan / Berlin Phil. Never bought any classical music before.

4. JBL 4645

JBL 4645
    Banned

Products Owned:
    Products Wanted:
    Ratings:
    +0
    I’ll take the SACD but it’s only stereo two channels, I think I’ll take a rain check guys, and listen too classic fm via the pc plugged into the Kenwood’s aux input….

It’s just that I was hoping a lot of the classical music would be re-scored and mixed in 5.1 or 6.1 with height surround added to give the music a better atmosphere, over want as gone before and failed with a short life, like the old quad from the 1970’s.

When I go into HMV and look at the film score and classical music section major disappointment, I will not pay for a two channel mix on CD which as been around for two decades, the industry as to get it acts together….I what multi-channel music…
    :confused:
    http://www.jmgkorea.com/image/cinemasolution/4645c.gif

But hay…

….It’s only a movie…

Alfred Hitchcock.