Best recent "horror" film is..........

paulr

Prominent Member
Reaction score
Seeing as we seem to be going through a resurgance of the teen horror film genre whats the best of the rest........

Cabin fever
Jeepers creepers 2
Texas chainsaw massacre
Final destination2

.......or anything else............

:cool:

A few more to add to the list .....

Ring
Wrong Turn
Jeepers Creepers (first hour of the first film)

Dark Water
Scooby Doo2- Not so much a true horror film per se but a dreadful and bowel loosening experience nevertheless.

I would say Dawn of the Dead remake and The Ring (Japanese version). Have yet to see Dark Water.

I can't see how any of the others come close to horror, they are barely even watchable IMO :p

I would also say Freddy vs Jason, but that would be counted as unwatchable by many others, but it certainly carries on the teen slasher genre in style.

28 Days Later, Dawn of the Dead 2004, Ringu & The Others. Good horror is few and far between unfortuanatly

Originally posted by Tons of fun
Dark Water
Scooby Doo2- Not so much a true horror film per se but a dreadful and bowel loosening experience nevertheless.

:rotfl: :rotfl: :rotfl: :rotfl:

Originally posted by Sinzer
Have yet to see Dark Water.

Only advice i can give you is to keep it that way:thumbsdow thought it was poor viewing.

The last decent horror movie i can remember was nightmare on elm street 1.

Adrenochrome.

whats that house of a thousend corpeses like!!???

1000 corpses is just a horror comedy, that is a bit like Texas Chainsaw without the chainsaw!

Its ok, but not great!

1000 corpses has a great soundtrack album, though.

It may just be down to my distaste of the new crop of horror movies, but I find the best horror was done in the 70s and 80s. If you're looking for a great horror movie, don't think you have to look at new releases to find one that you've never seen.

Cabin Fever is the worst 'horror' film I have seen in ages, I'm just relieved that my friend rented it rather than bought it. Gets 1/10 from me for the long running joke about the gun in the shop, otherwise it was dire.

Dawn of the Dead was good though, well worth seeing.

Mind the Texas Chainsaw Massacre remake wasn't too exciting either, mind niether was The Ring. Maybe I've watched too many horror films.

Best one I've seen recently was 28 Days Later, but then my mum laughed at that when she saw it...

Hmmm.:confused:

bbc1s take on rwanda now that was nasty and real mans
inhumamity to man

I know this is an old thread (ain't the search feature a great thing! :D ), but thought I'd add that -

1 Cabin Fever was the biggest pile of poo I'd watched in along time!

2 The remake of the "Dawn of the Dead" was surprisingly superb - I enjoyed this immensely ( although my kids didn't - DOH - they are still having nightmares after putting it on and watching it when I was out of the house!)

Ditto above

Cabin Fever = poo :thumbsup:

DOTD 2004 = Superb

Can't think of anything else recently that stands out.

Recently (last year or so) i enjoyed Dead End and thought Wrong Turn kept the tension up throughout, and enjoyed dawn of the dead remake as well as 28 days later.

Saw a trailer for House of Wax the other day, and it looks promising and could be pretty scary, however it could be awful, it does have Paris Hilton in it after all! :thumbsdown: on the bright side it does also have Elisha Cuthbert (Kim Bauer!) :thumbsup:

Rob

DOTD is a great film, however the zombies dont move/act like zombies. Especially that little girl she ran?!?!

Zombies generally move slowly like they have crapped themselves, heads usually cocked to one side etc.... It aint a bad remake at all, but I prefer the original

IMHO (in no order of preference) for the horror esque/weird genre

9th gate
butterfly effect
god send
dreamcatcher
stephen kings rose red
and a few more, have to post them when i think of them

tris

Forgot to say i still have Switchblade Romance (Haute Tension) to watch, comes highly recommended so will have to get round to it soon.

Rob

I think this is better here than in the TV section.

Finally got round to watching "The Grudge" with buffy the other night, really enjoyed that...

28 Days Later, Dog Soldiers, and I'm surprised that nobody else has mentioned the wonderfully scary The Grudge(Hollywood version)

Darkness Falls made me jump a few times ( have not done that since first viewing of Jaws and Alien ). My better halfs sister turned it off after 5 minutes.

robyoung said:
Forgot to say i still have Switchblade Romance (Haute Tension) to watch, comes highly recommended so will have to get round to it soon.

Rob

Are they both the same film!

Have had Switchblade Romance on the watch list for some time now. Ages ago when I saw the trailer.

Watched the trailer for Haute Tension last night and that looked good too.

Guess I know why now :oops:

alpha10 said:
Finally got round to watching "The Grudge" with buffy the other night, really enjoyed that...
ah you beat me to mention it by a couple of mins! Very scary movie though I wonder what the Director's cut will be like?

The latest video from AVForums

Is 4K Blu-ray Worth It?
Subscribe to our YouTube channel
Back
Top Bottom