• New Patreon Tier and Early Access Content available. If you would like to support AVForums, we now have a new Patreon Tier which gives you access to selected news, reviews and articles before they are available to the public. Read more.

Best receiver w/ Monitor Audio BX range?

I have recently bought the BX5s from Monitor Audio to complete my 5.1 setup. ATM I'm using my Denon AVR 1911 to drive them but wouldn't mind upgrading it as long as the new receiver gives me a big enough performance improvement to justify the investment. So the question is, is there any receiver that would be worth upgrading to and which would make the BX speaker sound considerably better with both music and movies? I'm not really an audiophile so a little improvement would probably be hard for me to tell so it's gotta be something significant.

Thanks in advance :smashin:

Helder

Been reading about the Yamaha amps being the best to pair up with my speakers. If true what model would provide me with the sort of improvement that I'm looking for? Would like to have a few alternatives as it would give me better chances of finding at least one selling second hand here or anywhere else.

:thumbsup:

neo_2009

There were very good deals in last year models (1067, 2067 and 3067).
All should be an upgrade from your denon.

Try a search online to see if there is any deal available.

PSM1

Distinguished Member
Your current Denon and speakers are quite well matched in terms of performance and I am not sure you would hear a massive improvement in sound quality by upgrading your amp. To get the next level up of reciever (not including the heavily discounted Yamaha recievers mentioned above) is going to be £700+ which is a lot of money. Even the Yamaha ones will be an investment of at least £500 which I feel will not be worth the small gain in performance. If you plan to upgrade the speakers in the future then it may be worth the cost but if not then I am not sure I would bother to be honest.

The latest video from AVForums

Fidelity in Motion's David Mackenzie talks about his work on disc encoding & the future of Blu-ray
Subscribe to our YouTube channel
Support AVForums with Patreon

Top Bottom