best receiver for Zensor 7's

Discussion in 'AV Receivers & Amplifiers' started by Scottyboy87, Jul 7, 2015.

1. Scottyboy87

Scottyboy87
    Novice Member

Products Owned:
    Products Wanted:
    Ratings:
    +0
    first of all, i do apologize if this has been covered before. I could not find the relevant info using the search function :).

right now that's out of the way, I've bought a pair of zensor 7's a couple of weeks ago at a price i couldn't refuse. The receiver i have now is the pioneer vsk-527k. after reading a few threads i don't think it will be suitable for these speakers, and possibly damage them.

can you guys recommend me a receiver for them ? 5.1 is a must because after the receiver i will be looking to add to the zensor's as soon as funds allow

i don't mind buying second hand as long as bits are not hanging off it :D, my budget is £400-£600 at the very most

2. dante01

dante01
    Distinguished Member

Products Owned:
    Products Wanted:
    Ratings:
    +11,241
    There's no reason why your current receiver would have issue powering the speakers? Is it simply a matter of you worrying about how they'd sound? Try them, you wont damage them or the receiver by doing so.

Some consider Pioneer receivers to sound clinical in nature and the Zensor speakers too are also often rated clinical in nature. This can result in the balance being too far towards the clinical and fatiguing to listen to. It is normally suggested to try partner clinical receivers with warmer sounding speakers or visa versa to try prevent the audio becoming too biased towards one or the other end of the scale. If you find this to be the case with the Pioneer then maybe look at using a Denon, Marantz or a Yamaha receiver to power the Dali speakers with?

If not looking for some of the new capabilities associated with this years 2015 models such as HDMI 2.0a and HDCP 2.2 needed for compliance with 4K UHD video passthrough then maybe look at last years Marantz SR6009?

Last edited: Jul 7, 2015
  3. Scottyboy87

Scottyboy87
    Novice Member

Products Owned:
    Products Wanted:
    Ratings:
    +0
    I appreciate your post dante, ill set them up with the receiver and report back tomorrow ! :)

4. CarlitoGR

CarlitoGR
    Novice Member

Products Owned:
    Products Wanted:
    Ratings:
    +0