1. Join Now

AVForums.com uses cookies. By continuing to use this site, you are agreeing to our use of cookies. Learn More.

Best reasonably priced DV editor?

Discussion in 'Camcorders, Action Cams & Video Editing Forum' started by Stuart Wright, Jul 6, 2004.

1. Stuart Wright

Stuart Wright
    AVForums Founder Staff Member

Products Owned:
    Products Wanted:
    Ratings:
    +9,617
    Guys,
    I had Pinnacle Studio 7 on my machine but haven't used it for a couple of years since which time I have upgraded to Windows XP. Now Studio wouldn't recognise my camera (Sony TRV30) any more. The PCI Firewire card is set up ok according to the device manager. And the cable is ok. And when I plug it in and unplug it, the machine beeps at me to say there's a DV device being plugged in. But no recognition.
    I had always found Studio 7 a bit crap, anyway.
    So I tried downloading Studio 8 from Kazaa to see if it would work but after it uninstalled Studio 7 the installation failed.
    So now I'm left without any DV editing software and the original installation discs are buried in a box somewhere since the house move.
    What software for a hundred quid or so (not interested enough to spend any more) would you recommend for simple editing and output back to tape or VCD?

2. melliott1963

melliott1963

Products Owned:
    Products Wanted:
    Ratings:
    +4
    For simple editing and output back to tape, you will already have a very good program in Movie Maker that comes with XP. Just make sure you download the latest version from Microsoft's web site.

3. Kevo

Kevo

Products Owned:
    Products Wanted:
    Ratings:
    +146
    I've tried Pinnacle 8 and 9 and both persistantly crashed on me(which apparantley is quite common with these programs!). :thumbsdow

:nono:
    Now there's a surprise! Why not try the official trial version instead?

I use ULead Video Studio 8.0 which is MUCH better and MORE stable. :smashin:

It's around £50 and there's a good review in the lastest Digital Video & Editing Mag.

Trial version available to download from www.ulead.co.uk

4. Stuart Wright

Stuart Wright
    AVForums Founder Staff Member

Products Owned:
    Products Wanted:
    Ratings:
    +9,617
    Thanks Guys. I'll try Movie Maker and if I need more I'll look at the Ulead solution. :smashin: