Best RCA cables ?

kenshingintoki

Distinguished Member
Reaction score
Hey guys.

I'm a bit non believer on cable quality but looks like I'm wrong.

I have an issue with my RCA cables. For some reason if they're positioned in a certain way (like to the left or write in a big loop, they make a buzz from the speaker in my front left.

I basically got RCA cables that are way too long, so I'm going to 'downsize' to appropriately sized cables. However my issue now is I clearly have a source of electrical interference I'm assuming which exacerbates the buzz from the cable - are there any slightly more expensive cables which won't suffer from this issue?

My wiring is a TOTAL mess. and the back has so many different cables and devices from hoverbosses to min dspps to game consoles..!

Try straighten out the RCA cables you have first if you can or the best you can and see if that makes any difference.

Try straighten out the RCA cables you have first if you can or the best you can and see if that makes any difference.
Thanks Jon. I bought them way too long. Its impossible to straighten them I need to stop being so stupid with my cable lengths. Bought s 20M active USB 3.0 cable.. only needed 15.

I think I over sized them by 1-2 metres.. lol. My setup ended up having the boxes much much closer.

Try using composite/component/coaxial audio cables they usually have better shielding

thanks mate. can you link me to some?

Don't you have some subwoofer cables, or coaxial SPDIF cables? 75ohm. Apparently not a good idea but I find they work fine.

Thanks Jon. I bought them way too long. Its impossible to straighten them I need to stop being so stupid with my cable lengths. Bought s 20M active USB 3.0 cable.. only needed 15.

I think I over sized them by 1-2 metres.. lol. My setup ended up having the boxes much much closer.
Surely you can just run them out in to the room and back, just to confirm if it's the coiling of the cable that's causing the issue?

Are you running them along side power cables, or are they coiled with power cables?

Surely you can just run them out in to the room and back, just to confirm if it's the coiling of the cable that's causing the issue?

Are you running them along side power cables, or are they coiled with power cables?
yup ran alongside power cables. essentially yes is a total mess. however for the left speaker which i've experimented with, the cable even if far away from the other bits and pieces seems to exhibit a buz dependant on how much coil it is or wierdly where the cable is.

Don't you have some subwoofer cables, or coaxial SPDIF cables? 75ohm. Apparently not a good idea but I find they work fine.

Amazon product ASIN B00FQK31DW
would this do?

Found the source of the issue! Behringer NX3000d in the media cabinet under the centre speaker is causing the buzzing sound.

Any solutions mate? move the Behringer I assume..! Bit tight on spots to put it sadly. Starting to realise why people have media racks now.. Could try plugging it into a different socket too.

TBH I'm having to listen in a silent room as hard as I can with no content playing to hear it.. maybe i should call it a day.

Last edited:
How have you confirmed that? Does the buzz change with the gain? Does the buzz move speaker if you run a different speaker from that channel?

You’re running nx6000s for mains? I would definitely be looking at some better amps and using that for sub/hoverboss duties. I though you had AVP1s now.

How have you confirmed that? Does the buzz change with the gain? Does the buzz move speaker if you run a different speaker from that channel?

You’re running nx6000s for mains? I would definitely be looking at some better amps and using that for sub/hoverboss duties. I though you had AVP1s now.
I plugged the nx3000d into a different extension lead cable and it went away!

Yes mate got 2x avp1s but I’m using them for speakers. I guess maybe I could try running the hoberbosss Off the avp1?

Where’s the buzzing coming from, the amp itself or the drivers it’s connected to?

That sounds like an earth loop, it sounds like a buzzing insect ?

That sounds like an earth loop, it sounds like a buzzing insect ?
managed to somewhat remedy it by switching devices to a different extgension lead so yup.. not an RCA cable issue aftrerall.

The latest video from AVForums

Is 4K Blu-ray Worth It?
Subscribe to our YouTube channel
Back
Top Bottom