1. Join Now

AVForums.com uses cookies. By continuing to use this site, you are agreeing to our use of cookies. Learn More.

Best Quality Picture on Toshiba 36ZP46P

Discussion in 'TVs' started by IanMcc, Feb 9, 2005.

1. IanMcc

IanMcc
    Standard Member

Products Owned:
    Products Wanted:
    Ratings:
    +0
    I have just purchased a Toshiba 36ZP46P CRT, a Yamaha DSP 750 amp and a Pioneer 575A DVD player as a result of reading these forums.
    I know that for sound from the DVD I will use a digital co-axial cable to the amp, and for the picture I will use a component cable, but what I do not know is whether I connect the DVD player straight to the TV, or go via the amplifier.

Also, where do I connect my Sky Box - to the amp or the TV, and what kind of cable is best for connecting SKY?

I know these may be basic questions, but I am new to all of this, and am looking for the best quality picture possible.

Anyone who can help? :confused:

Thanks, Ian

2. BrianPK

BrianPK

Products Owned:
    Products Wanted:
    Ratings:
    +200
    Hi Ian,

1. Connect your Sky TV Scart to your Television Scart 1.
    2. Connect Sky Optical Cable to Amp.
    3. Connect 575 DVD Component to TV Component.
    4. Connect DVD Coaxial Cable to Amp.
    5. Ensure that you switch the Video Output of your Sky box to RGB, i.e., Picture Setting in System Setup.

This is my setup. I also have the 575 DVD Player and the Toshiba 46 TV. I notice that your Amp is highly recommended, so you should get as much enjoyment out of all of this as I do myself.

Regards,

BrianPK.