1. Join Now

AVForums.com uses cookies. By continuing to use this site, you are agreeing to our use of cookies. Learn More.

Best quality picture for large screen

Discussion in 'Satellite TV, Sky TV & FreeSat' started by hoyin, Nov 25, 2004.

1. hoyin

Products Owned:
    Products Wanted:
    Dear all,

Just registered here so apologies if I am a tad naive.

I have a Sim 2 projector connected to a Silicon Image iScan line doubler.

I am now about to buy a freeview box to hopefully take advantage of the better picture quality. However my current aerial setup is very good but what I have heard freeview will provide me with an even better quality picture?

Anyway, I am looking for a freeview box that will provide me with the best quality picture, I am not interested in the ability to send email or surf the web etc. I don't require any functions apart from being able to watch TV.

Since it is plugging into my line doubler I therefore cannot use a scart socket. I prefer either s-video or even better component connections.

Many people have recommended the Netgem i-player as it has one Scart socket that can output Component Video.

But what is the quality of picture like? would I be better off getting another freeview box which may have better quality picture and outputting Scart to S-video?

Would be grateful to hear your opinions.

In addition recommendations on where to purchase both the set top box and cables would be much appreciated.

Thank you