best quality output

Discussion in 'Blu-ray & DVD Players & Recorders' started by jonan73, Jan 1, 2005.

1. jonan73

jonan73

Products Owned:
    Products Wanted:
    Ratings:
    +0
    Hi and Happy New Year!

What is best for output to a projector, from the followings:
    - Component
    - DVI
    - HDMI
    I mean, I have not seen any DVD player having them all. usually, it's either HDMI or DVI, from what I've seen.

Many thanks and have a great day!

Johann

2. Dutch

Dutch

Products Owned:
    Products Wanted:
    Ratings:
    +284
    Happy New Year Johann,

The best output to a projector should be DVI or HDMI, with HDMI being best over long cable lengths of over 7m or so.
    The Denon 2910 and 3910 players have both DVI-HDCP and HDMI outputs. Hope this helps.

Steve

3. jonan73

jonan73

Products Owned:
    Products Wanted:
    Ratings:
    +0
    Yes, I knew the Denon could do both. I also need to buy a projector and was quite interested in the Sanyo PLV-Z3, as it has HDMI, but no DVI...
    That's why I asked...
    So, once again, I have to choose for DVD palyers between Denon 3910 and Arcam dv79 :)

4. AML

AML

Products Owned:
    Products Wanted:
    Ratings:
    +228
    I Have a 3910 and have nothig bad to say about it. Its a good all round player with good picture and sound. Im sure some people have said bad things about it from their own bad experiences but there are just as many happy Denon owners. I cant say I know much about the DV79, but I do beleive that its much more expensive than the 3910.

5. Thunder

Thunder

Products Owned:
    Products Wanted:
    Ratings:
    +14
    Depends on the player and PJ :D , Digital is not always best :lesson: If your running a CRT then RGBHV is best :) Theres not much between HDMI and DVI although video on HDMI is slightly closer to the video encoding on a DVD than DVI, SDI is even better than HDMI (As its the raw image data straight off the MPEG decoder) but its only available on DVD player to scaler connections at the moment :smashin: