1. Join Now

AVForums.com uses cookies. By continuing to use this site, you are agreeing to our use of cookies. Learn More.

Best quality material Ellie or DRH..Help please

Discussion in 'Projectors, Screens & Video Processors' started by martian1, Sep 22, 2005.

1. martian1

martian1

Products Owned:
    Products Wanted:
    Ratings:
    +241
    Cannot decide which to go with i need anyone who has experience of these materials to advice on quality. I have seen a sample of DRH material and have to say i wasn't that impressed, didn't seem like a very smooth uniform finish :eek: or have i got this wrong..Help much appreciated anyone :thumbsup:

2. Gary Lightfoot

Gary Lightfoot

Products Owned:
    Products Wanted:
    Ratings:
    +1,956
    I liked the Ellis 1.2 gain stuff which I had on a 7ft wide screen until recently (how big is your screen going to be?), and crtprojectors.co.uk do a Draper M1300 material which is very good too, the trouble is it does crease very easily because it's a rubbery like material, so even when stretching it over a frame it still takes a while for the creases to come out. That's why they don't like to deliver the stuff and prefer the buyer to collect it.

What you can do, is to send them a tube (like a carpet tube) and they will wrap the material onto the tube, then cover it in cardboard and send it to you that way. It's a bit of a pain but it's a good price - 102 inches wide and sold at £20 per foot. That's £100 for an 8ft wide screen which is good value IMHO.

Gary.

3. martian1

martian1

Products Owned:
    Products Wanted:
    Ratings:
    +241
    My screen is 84" diagonal and i need 80"x48" to cover screen area incl overlap.
    I will ring CRTprojectors about sending them a empty roll to protect material, their site states they don't post did they take much coaxing gary? :D

4. Gary Lightfoot

Gary Lightfoot

Products Owned:
    Products Wanted:
    Ratings:
    +1,956
    They did explain why they don't post it and having got some can fully understand why. They said that if I could get a tube to them they would then post it back so that's what I did in the end, except it was via another very helpful member who dropped the tubes down for me from his local carpet shop. WHich reminds me - I must send him a sample!

It's possible they may be coaxed into putting it into a box folded, but the creases will take a month or two to come out. Mine had a couple of wripples where it was first wrapped onto the tube, and they were there for quite some time. Fortunately they were across a corner so not visible unless you looked for them.

I have some Ellie 1.2 gain which was on an 84" wide 16:9 screen (about 90" including overlap) and it's currently on a roller. If you're interested in that, I could have a look and see what condition it's in if you like.

Gary.

5. martian1

martian1

Products Owned:
    Products Wanted:
    Ratings:
    +241
    I would be interested in the ellie material if in good condition. I will pm you m8t :clap: