best quality download store?

Discussion in 'Headphones, Earphones & Portable Music' started by Pwaaz, Sep 20, 2007.

1. Pwaaz

Pwaaz

Products Owned:
    Products Wanted:
    Ratings:
    +0
    Hi, I am desperate to get a copy of a download-only album (it never made it to CD), and want the best quality format, if there is such a thing. I checked out itunes plus but this album is not on their plus-list for drm-free double bit-rate, only the normal download.
    I'll be burning the album on to cd, then analogue recording it to minidisc for time being. Only dap in the house is girlfriend's zen v+, but she wouldn't want the album anyway.

Are they all the same download format/quality/filesize apart from the new itunes? (Album is available on Virgin, Tesco and I think hmv so far). Any help or info much appreciated, thanks, John.

2. trailer

trailer

Products Owned:
    Products Wanted:
    Ratings:
    +231
    What's the album you're after?

3. Pwaaz

Pwaaz

Products Owned:
    Products Wanted:
    Ratings:
    +0
    It's Designer Beatnik by Dr Calculus. It's an obscure Stephen duffy album. I had the vinyl when I was 13, lent it to a mate and never saw it again. It was never released on cd, the odd vinyl copy pops up on ebay (and i did get one, which also disappeared, never got to listen to it..long story). Cos i'm not putting music on a dap, i don't mind how big the file is, i analogue cd's to minidisc at full strength!

4. shezzy2k

shezzy2k

Products Owned:
    Products Wanted:
    Ratings:
    +26
  5. Pwaaz

Pwaaz

Products Owned:
    Products Wanted:
    Ratings:
    +0
    Thanks for that, but i did get a vinyl copy, gave it to someone i knew who said they'd "cd" it for me and they've still got it (5 years on!), so i don't want to go to the hassle of buying another vinyl and getting it transferred (don't have a turntable at home no more..) I agree with ideally buying the hard media and ripping at leisure, but ther is no cd version, so just want to know what the story is with download quality. Are they all the same essentially?

6. AceAceBaby

AceAceBaby

Products Owned:
    Products Wanted:
    Ratings:
    +22
    bleep.com do 320kbps mp3 files, but it looks like they don't have your particular album, sorry :(

7. Pwaaz

Pwaaz

Products Owned:
    Products Wanted:
    Ratings:
    +0
    Thanks anyway, and thanks for checking for me. I suppose it'll have to be virgin or tesco, is there anything to choose between them? maybe it'll appear on a better rate at some point...