Dismiss Notice
Attention AVForums app / Tapatalk users
Sadly GDPR means that, from 25th, we can no longer offer access to AVForums via the branded app or Tapatalk.
Click here for more information.

Best Quality Connections for CRT

Discussion in 'Desktop & Laptop Computers Forum' started by jameson_uk, Jun 27, 2005.

1. jameson_uk

jameson_uk

Products Owned:
    Products Wanted:
    Ratings:
    +579
    I have an oldish CRT TV, a telewest digital cable STB and my HTPC (complete with PVR150 card).

Currently I have a cheap converter RGB to S-Video converter from Maplins to take the RGB scart out of the STB and into the PVR card. I can not get the RGB scart option on my Radeon 9200 to work (just can not get the signal to sync) so I am using the S-Video out.

This means I am getting RGB out from STB, degrading the signal, sticking it into PC (and degrading signal) and then outputing on a fairly poor TV-Out.

Surely there must be a better way of doing this ?? The sweetspot looks good but I really want to keep hardware encoding of the PVR150 and can't see any way of doing this with the sweetspot.

X-card looks good for output but as it only outputs MPEG streams it is a bit useless as I won't be able to see the GUI. (I did try that software which outputs gui onto x-card but I did not like it)

How do others connect STB to HTPC and what other options do I have ??

2. jameson_uk

jameson_uk

Products Owned:
    Products Wanted:
    Ratings:
    +579
    No takers ??

I am sure someone must have a STB connected to their HTPC :D