Best quality combi DVD/SVHS deck?

Discussion in 'Blu-ray & DVD Players & Recorders' started by scook17, Sep 29, 2002.

1. scook17

scook17

Products Owned:
    Products Wanted:
    Ratings:
    +0
    Would anyone recommend a good quality combi DVD/SVHS deck? I'd like to use it to record my own DVD-R disks from DVD to SVHS or VHS. It would also replace my DVD player so good playback would also be essential. Component output would also be good as I have a 56" Toshiba rear projection TV with component as well as RGB inputs. Coaxial digital out would also be essential.

Kind Regards,
    Shane Cook.

2. scook17

scook17

Products Owned:
    Products Wanted:
    Ratings:
    +0
    Well, I went to one of the huge comet stores today. The only combi DVD that had composite out was the LG and JVC models. I was somewhat dissappointed to see NO ONE made an combi DVD/SVHS deck. Why would anyone consider using VHS these days when SVHS decks are so cheap now.

Has anyone had any experience of either the JVC or LG models?

Kind Regards,
    Shane Cook.

3. alim

alim

Products Owned:
    Products Wanted:
    Ratings:
    +0
    I would love to have brought something like this as well but all of the reviews I have read on the combi machines gives either the VHS or the DVD half a good review but the other half seems to get slated. I agree about your comment on SVHS. I brought a JVC one last year and it has been very good.