1. Join Now

AVForums.com uses cookies. By continuing to use this site, you are agreeing to our use of cookies. Learn More.

Best PSP Games +

Discussion in 'Playstation Forums' started by bigrjf, Aug 8, 2005.

1. bigrjf

bigrjf

Products Owned:
    Products Wanted:
    Ratings:
    +0
    Hello :) Have ordered a psp (uk version) and was wondering what the best acessoryes are, i.e. carry case , proyection, mem cards and speakers ect?
    Also what are the best games? any recomendations?
    I`m here to learn :lesson:

2. bigrjf

bigrjf

Products Owned:
    Products Wanted:
    Ratings:
    +0
    Help

3. Steven

Steven
    Senior Moderator

Products Owned:
    Products Wanted:
    Ratings:
    +6,224
    Games; thats subjective. Personally, on launch day I'm getting Wipeout + THUG 2. Maybe Virtua Tennis as well, depends on £££. Then in Oct/Nov, I'll get GTA and Pro Evo

Mem stick: I've got a Sony 512mb off amazon.co.uk for £40 in delivery. Best deal I've found, for both Sandisk and Sony brand. Not ebay prices granted but you know.....

If you are flush get either a Noreve case or a Vaja case. Google for both. I PM'ed Vaja, + they do deliver to UK, accepting Visa/Mastercard. Not clear on site. For the poorer like me, I'm getting a Logitech playgear pocket.

Speakers? You could try normal travel speakers intended for portable music players. Or for more of a dock/speaker thing, look in argos. They've got a £15 and £50 Logitech choices. Of course there are more. Any recc?

4. bigrjf

bigrjf

Products Owned:
    Products Wanted:
    Ratings:
    +0
    Thanks, what type of game is thug2 , I have never heard of it? also will be looking forward to pro soccer and gta ><

5. Steven

Steven
    Senior Moderator

Products Owned:
    Products Wanted:
    Ratings:
    +6,224
    errrr...... Tony Hawks Underground Skateboarding 2 Remix

6. bigrjf

bigrjf

Products Owned:
    Products Wanted:
    Ratings:
    +0
    LOL, sorry i figured it out after i posted the reply :)

7. MattDX

MattDX

Products Owned:
    Products Wanted:
    Ratings:
    +249
    I've played Lumines, Hot Shots Golf and Metal Gear Ac!d constantly since getting my PSP in march.

8. bigrjf

bigrjf

Products Owned:
    Products Wanted:
    Ratings:
    +0
    Hmm, im not convinced about Lumines, £25 seems a lot of money for a game like tetruz, am I wrong?

9. BuFF DaDDy

BuFF DaDDy

Products Owned:
    Products Wanted:
    Ratings:
    +146
    Carry case is worth getting a Logitech Playgear, ive just ordered one. As for the Memory Stick Duo, nothing beats a 1GB card, ive put 2/3 movies on it and also filled it with TV shows and Trailers etc. There roughly about £20 more than than the 512mb ones but I think its money well spent.

As for Games im playing Wip3out Pure to death at the moment, the graphics rival the PS2.

10. bigrjf

bigrjf

Products Owned:
    Products Wanted:
    Ratings:
    +0
    Thanks, I will chack out the playgear, Im not a big fan of wipeout(I,m not verry good at it, lots of wall bashing :( ) but I have heard lots of good things about hot shots golf, also has anyone played Untold legends? it looks a lot like baldurs gate?? no??

11. bigrjf

bigrjf

Products Owned:
    Products Wanted:
    Ratings:
    +0
    Oh and is there anywhere I can buy region 2 japanese umd movies cheap?
    Well cheaper than uk ones :)

12. BuFF DaDDy

BuFF DaDDy

Products Owned:
    Products Wanted:
    Ratings:
    +146
    I brought a US PSP as the movies are half the price than they are in the UK for films, the games arnt region coded so I can play UK or US etc.

My advice to you is check out www.play.com as they have UMDs at around £14.99 and thier service has always been good.

13. CAS FAN

CAS FAN

Products Owned:
    Products Wanted:
    Ratings:
    +7,850
    GAMES

Lumines - superb game, a must buy. Every handheld needs a good puzzle game and this is probably the best one i've played!

Wipeout - Another must buy if you remotely like racing games! Fantastic graphics, great sound and very addictive gameplay! Also stacks of downloadable material and this will last you for ever! My fave PSP game and my fave futeristic racer by a long shot (better than F-Zero GX and all previous wipeout games IMO).

Ridge Racer - Another great game. Not quite as good as Wipeout IMO, but still a class racer! Again lovely graphics and addictive gameplay. Lacks the depth of Wipeout but still has a load of play in it and is great fun!

Darkstalkers - First game I got with the PSP and if you like 2D fighting then this is the best available on a handheld. Not really one of my faves, but if you're into your Streetfighter2 style games then this is a good example with a lot of depth and lovely graphics!

Ape Escape - 3D platform game where you have to search the levels and capture the escaped Ape's with your net. Good fun again and if you like platformers then you will like this. Good graphics and a fun, playable game.

EXTRA'S

Memory card - personally i've just got a 512mb pro duo and find it suffices for what I need. You can't really get a film on one but if all you want is the odd TV show, some music and some photo's then this will do. Personally i'd go for a 1GB one though if you're wanting to store a fair bit of video.

Case - I've still got the original case but could do with a better one! The ones posted by me on this thread look good, as do the Logitech Playgear ones.

Headphones - Again when on the move I use the ones that come with it and they are pretty good. WHen in the home I use my wireless Sony headphones which are great! The built in speakers are rubbish and shouldn't really be used.

Screen Protection - I bought a screen protector from Lik Sang for about a fiver, just to be on the safe side :smashin: . It's just a thin bit of plastic that covers the screen, protecting it from scratches.

14. bigrjf

bigrjf

Products Owned:
    Products Wanted:
    Ratings:
    +0
    Thanks :) that was loads of help, anyone played untold legends?

15. Steven

Steven
    Senior Moderator

Products Owned:
    Products Wanted:
    Ratings:
    +6,224
    its not out?

I'm just going off online reviews and forum recommendations anyway

16. chrislad

chrislad

Products Owned:
    Products Wanted:
    Ratings:
    +141
    Not one person mentioned that Burnout: Legends is out on Sept 23rd. For shame. For shame.

17. CAS FAN

CAS FAN

Products Owned:
    Products Wanted:
    Ratings:
    +7,850
    Can't really recommend what hasn't been played though.

18. bigrjf

bigrjf

Products Owned:
    Products Wanted:
    Ratings:
    +0
    Is Untold Legends not out on US release?? I thought it was ??

19. bigrjf

bigrjf

Products Owned:
    Products Wanted:
    Ratings:
    +0
    Burnout in my opinion is ONE of the most enjoyable racing games ever, I onley hope that the PSP version is half as good

20. chrislad

chrislad

Products Owned:
    Products Wanted:
    Ratings:
    +141
    Burnout 1 - Great game
    Burnout 2 - Better game
    Burnout 3 - Amazing f'n game

Do you see a pattern here? They're not gonna mess up the PSP version, plus have you seen the videos? If you like Burnout 3, you need to get the PSP version.

21. BuFF DaDDy

BuFF DaDDy

Products Owned:
    Products Wanted:
    Ratings:
    +146
    I agree, from what footage ive seen so far it looks mint!

I really enjoyed the Burnout 3 game on Xbox, fantastic

22. CAS FAN

CAS FAN

Products Owned:
    Products Wanted:
    Ratings:
    +7,850
    It will probably be good but can't be recommended as yet as noone has played it. I have Burnout 2 & 3 and thought that they were both pretty decent, although I don't share your enthusiasm for them.

Similarly Pro Evo is the best video game I have ever played and the PSP version should continue this trend...still until i've played this I can't recommend this either. ;)

23. saeco

saeco

Products Owned:
    Products Wanted:
    Ratings:
    +24
    Im playing it now ... if u like diablo2 etc, then u will like it .. it's much the same.

24. Steven

Steven
    Senior Moderator

Products Owned:
    Products Wanted:
    Ratings:
    +6,224
    Burnout Legends is so called 'cos it incorporates all the best elements of the previous games, and lets you play them anywhere to boot. Or so Criterion has us all believing

25. pj

pj

Products Owned:
    Products Wanted:
    Ratings:
    +327
    dead to rights - great shoot em up, bit repetitive but if u like john woo and the matrix u will love the action!

spidy 2- near identical to the normal version but great fun and great graphics shame there is no bruce campbell narration though! (all the other voices are their movie counterparts)

midnight club- this game is great and very addictive! u even get to play capture the flag etc but with cars!! im not much of a driving fan but i love this, carreer mode is great i now own a pimped up lexus!

tony hawks underground 2- another game that i will own for eternity(or at least until another sequel appears) mainly because im so crap @ it :( is there any finesse to doing the tricks? i just seem to jump as high as i can then go squibiddy doo on all the buttons! that said it is great and there are tons of things to explore

also great as an mp3 and movie player im not much for handheld gaming but i do love my psp! if it had phone capabilities it would be my dream gadget! :clap:

26. bigrjf

bigrjf

Products Owned:
    Products Wanted:
    Ratings:
    +0
    Yes I heard that there was gonna be a version of the psp that you could use as a mobile also. And is it true that you can surf the net??

27. Steven

Steven
    Senior Moderator

Products Owned:
    Products Wanted:
    Ratings:
    +6,224
    Yes, firmware got updated so you can use wi-fi to access internet with PSPs very own browser. UK PSPs will come with upgrade already

Go on IGN or Gamespot for their look at the PSP browser