Best ps3 audio

Glynnd111

Standard Member
Reaction score
Hi im new to the forums so im not sure if is the best place to ask this question.

Im looking to get the best audio quailty from my ps3 as due to space issues i carnt use my Pioneer PDS-705 cd player

Ive been doing a bit of reading about DAC's.

Does anyone run a DAC with there ps3 and if so how much difference does it make to the sound quality.

I would be looking at running a optical output from the ps3 to a

MUSICAL FIDELITY VDAC DIGITAL TO ANALOGUE CONVERTOR - available from Superfi UK Visit http://www.superfi.co.uk/index.cfm/page/moreinfo.cfm/product_id/4799 for details

Then to a Pioneer A405R amp with Tannoy Mercury M3 speakers.

Oh and a quick question i presume that the optical from ps3 goes into the dac then a normal set of interconnects go to the inputs on the amp sorry for the noob question :rolleyes:

Thanks

You need to let us know your thoughts on budget, before we start suggesting DCS gear.

A Dac will provide a fantastic boost to the music quality. I have a beresford 7510 connected to the ps3 via optical and an external hdd connected to the ps3 via usb, i have ripped hundreds of my cd's to lossless format and the results are brilliant.

There is Beresford 7520 Caiman, CA Dac Magic The MF V Dac. You can email Stanley Beresford and ask for a loan unit of the Beresford Caiman to judge for yourself the different it makes and if you aren't happy, return it.

Hi Andy I use express rip to convert my cds into a wav lossless.

If you choose .wav and on the encoder settings 44100 hz 16 bits

Last edited:
Hi,
Ok i thought i missed out on something as far as i knew the ps3 wont support a lossless format apart from wav. I use ps3medea server to transcode .flac files to pcm for play back on the ps3 streamed from my pc wired network.
AndyM

Thats prety much how ill do it keep the files on my laptop in FLAC and stream them to the ps3 i was thinking of the musical fidelity v DAC

do i need anything other than the DAC an optical cable and some interconnects?

thanks

Hi well in that case, you will need some rca phono cables to connect the amp to the dac, an optical cable and last but not least tversity (it's a free download programme) you will of course need your ps3 to search for media servers (in order to find the wireless laptop connection) but that's straight forward, after that, you are done :thumbsup: alternatively you could just connect the V Dac to the laptop via usb, but that's up to you.

The latest video from AVForums

Is 4K Blu-ray Worth It?
Subscribe to our YouTube channel
Back
Top Bottom