Best Pronto when using SKY +

T

Trev.P

Hi

I have an early Philips pronto RU890 which is in need of being upgraded to a later model.

Just wondered if anyone uses the Philips Pronto's with SKY + as this one doesn't seem to have enough hard keys in the right places. Navigating, recording, pausing and rewinding isn't very easy through the LCD.

It has all my other devices on, and they are fine. It was also O.K on normal SKY, but with the extra controls needed on SKY + it is just to fiddley.

Any PRONTO users?
Thanks
AV Newbie, Trevor P.

clockworks

Novice Member
This is the reason that I switched from a Pronto to a Harmony 885.

stoobie

Trev.P

How many hard buttons do you need for Sky+? I don't have Sky but can say my Next Gen Pronto has 20 hard buttons. (Next Gen Prontos are the RU950, RU960, RU980 & RU990).

Ther are 4 buttons and a 4way pad on the front of the remote where yours has the 2 big buttons an there are 4 buttons running along the bottom edge of the screen! Plus the Vol, Mute and Channel as per yours. Plus 3 on the left side of the case.

Stoobie

stoobie

You will be amazed at what you can do with the New Prontos and if you go to RemoteCentral and download the editing program and some SKY+ PCF files and run the emulator, you will get a hint of what folks have designed. It won't work the equipment but at least you get a taste on screen of what's possible and the new Prontos are miles better than the older ones.Especially as you can automate so many standard actions from one button.

T

Trev.P

Yeah I'm thinking thats the way to go Stoobie. Not many of them about on Ebay at the moment. There are a few in the US. but I'm not sure if I would need to pay import tax and VAT when they come in, which can hike up the price.

T

Trev.P

I've ordered myself the TSU3000 from America. With that many hard keys, and the cursor style keys I think it will be just what I was looking for.

Thanks for the advice.:smashin:

stoobie

Good luck with it!

I bought a secondhand RU950 (TSU3000) for my brother in law for christmas and spent all day yesterday on Remotecentral.com looking at files guys have created to control SKY+ and there are loads.

We haven't settled on one specific one as yet but if i find one that fits the bill, I'll let you know!

Stoobie

stevos

Distinguished Member
I have been using my pronto 940 for a while using sky+ and have no problems at all, i just set up all the commands using big buttons and thus not needing any hard keys.

The latest video from AVForums

Podcast: CES 2021 Special - Sony, LG, Panasonic, Samsung, TCL and Hisense TV news and more...
Top Bottom