• New Patreon Tier and Early Access Content available. If you would like to support AVForums, we now have a new Patreon Tier which gives you access to selected news, reviews and articles before they are available to the public. Read more.

Best Projector for watching Footy

megson

Established Member
My beloved JVC HD350 has, with impeccable timing, decided to die on me with the World Cup just around the corner.

I watch lots of footy on my big screen but as good as the JVC is with movies, there is an annoying amount of motion blur when the camera pans quickly following the ball. Over the years I have learned to live with this but since I am now forced to take the plunge and buy a new PJ I would welcome any views or recommendations for a replacement that will be better than the 350 with Footy.

My budget is £3k max.

Kind regards
Megson

Wull

Prominent Member
I went from a JVC350 to a Sony HW55. So if you can I would recommended getting a demo of the Sony. You may be quite surprised how much better it is.

da9el84

Novice Member
Over the last few weeks I have read a ton of reviews and about pj technology in general. What seems to be the general consensus is that in sports a good system integrated with frame interpolation is preferred.
Quote from projectorcentral.com: "If you watch a lot of sports in HD on channels broadcasting in 1080i, you may find frame interpolation particularly attractive."

The Epson tw-9200 is quoted as having amazing jutterfree motion even with FI disabled...

Epson EH-TW9200: Picture Quality

Member 518284

Distinguished Member
the Sony 40 is just as good in this respect, infact I`d argue its probably the best (certainly value) pj under £3k atm

the others need to pull their socks up and start fighting back a bit ;)

megson

Established Member
the Sony 40 is just as good in this respect, infact I`d argue its probably the best (certainly value) pj under £3k atm

the others need to pull their socks up and start fighting back a bit ;)
Thanks for the suggestions folks. Appreciated.
Regards
Megson

The latest video from AVForums

Spielberg, Shyamalan, Aronofsky, Chazelle, Eddie Murphy and Mel Gibson - all the latest movies
Subscribe to our YouTube channel
Support AVForums with Patreon

Top Bottom