best projector for bluray playback only

toddy28

You need to give more info mate

Room size would be a start as all projector have different throws

kbfern

Distinguished Member
And room colours, size of screen hoped for and can you mount projector on ceiling or what other location is suitable for you.

Do you want a screen or are you using a wall and I take it you have the sound covered.

frankie13

sorry for delay room size 14 ft by 16ft pull down screen of a 100 inch
projector must have lens shift , you see im updating from my sanyo z2000 and would want to see some improvement over the sanyo and i have a 7.1 sound system budget upto 1500 pound

kbfern

Distinguished Member
Well as your Z2000 is already a half decent 1080p projector £1500 is not really enough of a budget.

Your next step up in performance is really a JVC HD350 @ £1699 new or second hand for £1k.A second hand HD750 is within budget second hand (£1350 approx) but cant really think of anything else that will give a meaningful step up in performance without going well into £2500+.

KelvinS1965

Distinguished Member
If you're going secondhand I'd suggest a used JVC X3 as they seem to be going for aboout £1,800 on here now. TBH though even at that price I'd be wanting one with a new lamp of the later spec as many owners suffered premature failure of the original fitting.

Having said that, you may find you get a bigger improvement by working on the room itself if the walls are a light colour. You don't have to turn it into a goth's paradise, but perhaps look into temporary (but easy to fit ;) ) treatments: My ANSI contrast was tripled by using my 'bat tent' but it's a bit fiddly to set up, so if you go this route work out a way to do it quickly. The difference between my otherwise typically 'light and airy' living room picture quality and using the 'bat tent' is like I've swapped from a cheap LCD projector to a really decent LCOS one.

The latest video from AVForums

Podcast: Large Screen HDR TV or Projector For Home Cinema + Best of the Month
Support AVForums with Patreon

Top Bottom