1. Join Now

AVForums.com uses cookies. By continuing to use this site, you are agreeing to our use of cookies. Learn More.

Best projector for around £4k ?

Discussion in 'Projectors, Screens & Video Processors' started by bigsteve, Oct 31, 2002.

1. bigsteve

bigsteve

Products Owned:
    Products Wanted:
    Ratings:
    +0
    I am currently in the process of replacing my projector, and would like to spend around £4,000, (may be £5000 at a push).

Obviously everyone has different opinions, but what about the Epson TW100 or Sony 12HT ? Is it worth paying a lot more to obtain something like the new Marantz DLP?

I will be using this with a motorised 16:9 OWL screen with a gain of 1.2 I think???

Thanks for any advice.
    :rolleyes:

Steve

2. chips

chips

Products Owned:
    Products Wanted:
    Ratings:
    +22
    Would you consider second-hand? As there is a Sim2 HT300 for sale in the classifieds. It’s more than you are thinking of spending (£5,999) but it’s a class act. OK I’m biased, I have one, but I can really recommend it, the picture quality is stunning and it would work well with a 1.2 gain screen. Go and see one for yourself first though.

There is a new model out HT300+ with the new HD2 DLP chip (HT300 has the HD1 chip) which has a bit more contrast but otherwise very similar. Price for the HT300+ is I think £8,999.

3. meva

meva

Products Owned:
    Products Wanted:
    Ratings:
    +6
  4. Parmenion

Parmenion

Products Owned:
    Products Wanted:
    Ratings:
    +28
    The Toshiba MT 8 is due for release before Christmas..........possibly worth looking at..

Regards

Parmenion

5. EMH

EMH

Products Owned:
    Products Wanted:
    Ratings:
    +0
    There's only one method : watch them in action ! I was surprised to see that I didn't find the Marantz so impressive ... (in fact, I prefer LCD to LDP for the moment, I find the image more natural, less "digital").

Considering the price, it's worth to spend some time ... (and it's part of the pleasure too)

6. Dak

Dak
    Standard Member

Products Owned:
    Products Wanted:
    Ratings:
    +1
    Can anyone recc a dealer in the london area to compare diffrent projectors / screens pse?

Thanks
    D

7. EMH

EMH

Products Owned:
    Products Wanted:
    Ratings:
    +0
    I could not find a dealer in London with a lot of pj in demo. I bought it in Paris (lot of choice, cheaper)

8. bigsteve

bigsteve

Products Owned:
    Products Wanted:
    Ratings:
    +0
    Still open for comments!

I haven't viewed the Sony 12HT, but is it worth the extra £1000 over the Epson TW100?

Thanks,

Steve.:)