Best projector for £1.5k or less?

warrocky

Standard Member
Reaction score
So my bulbs gone on my w1070 and rather then investing in a new bulb again which is similarly priced to the projector itself now, I may as well just get a new projector. It'd be nice to get a 4k one as well just so it's somewhat future proofed.

Done some research and from what I can see the best options seems to be between the Optoma UHD550X and Benq W1700. The Optoma seems a lot better in terms of noise level but seems kind of high in terms of input lag. The Benq seems to be potentially noisy (the avforums review points this out as a con) and although I'm used to the noise with the Benq W1070, it'd be nice to be a bit lower. That said the input lag seems far better then the Optoma. So I'm sort of stuck between which of the two is better :/ Unless there's another great projector I'm ignoring.

Optoma are throwing out new models on a regular basis recently... have a look at the UHD51 as an alternative to the 550X.

When is the Optoma U51a comming out? their is no mention of a release date even though it was supposed to been out last month.

I'm not sure if the Optoma UHD51a is going to launch at all in the UK, and it is not currently listed on the US site. I would question if the increased price of the UHD51a is worth it over a UHD51.

My w1070 still hasitsbulb but I'm kinda keeping an eye on things too. If you can wait a wee bit longer and get a few more bob Epson 7300 can be had for 1800£. That'd be my choice.

The latest video from AVForums

Is 4K Blu-ray Worth It?
Subscribe to our YouTube channel
Back
Top Bottom