1. Join Now

AVForums.com uses cookies. By continuing to use this site, you are agreeing to our use of cookies. Learn More.

Best prices for High End amps please

Discussion in 'AV Receivers & Amplifiers' started by Oasis-GasPanic, May 25, 2002.

1. Oasis-GasPanic

Oasis-GasPanic

Products Owned:
    Products Wanted:
    Ratings:
    +5
    Hi everyone,
    I still haven't decided on what amp I should replace my already sold E07. My original thread regarding this subject showed it was between the Pioneer AX10 and the Denon A11SR. From the replies I got I gathered the A11SR had better CD playback, but, didn't have any bass management which I really would like. So I was going for the AX10 @ around £2300 until I read a thread saying the slightly superior A1SR can be found for around £2100!!:D So can anybody please tell me the cheapest price they have seen both the AX10 & A1SR and the name of the dealer.

Cheer,
    Heathen Chemistry RULES!!:cool:

2. Oasis-GasPanic

Oasis-GasPanic

Products Owned:
    Products Wanted:
    Ratings:
    +5
    Anybody?

OK has anyone seen the Pioneer AX10 for under £2100?

3. Tom Braider

Tom Braider

Products Owned:
    Products Wanted:
    Ratings:
    +0
    Sound & Vision say they will let me have one for £1900. But......and a big one.......I've been waiting for over 4 weeks for it. On ordering I was told around 10 days. This went by and after that I got another 2 week time slot which expires end of this week. If I'm disappointed again I'll find somewhere else, even if I have to pay more. I don't mind waiting but I won't be messed around. The only other place I've seen them is Kresh AV (in What Video mag) for £2300.

4. Robst

Robst

Products Owned:
    Products Wanted:
    Ratings:
    +6
    You could try Leading Edge. They have the AX10 advertised for £2499.99 however they do offer a price promise to beat any advertised price if the goods are identical and are in stock.

http://www.leconcepts.com/dvd_home.htm

Might be worth a try. Good Luck.

5. Oasis-GasPanic

Oasis-GasPanic

Products Owned:
    Products Wanted:
    Ratings:
    +5
    Cheers guys, I'll try both companies.

6. patmyhead

patmyhead
    Standard Member

Products Owned:
    Products Wanted:
    Ratings:
    +1
    Hi
    Try discounttv.co.uk
    price for UK model £2100
    P@

7. Oasis-GasPanic

Oasis-GasPanic

Products Owned:
    Products Wanted:
    Ratings:
    +5
    I recently spoke to a friend who is into AV & HiFi stuff and told him I could get the AX10 for £2000 (digital Direct) and the A1SR for £2100. His reply was "your FU**ING mad if you don't get the denon for an extra 100 quid". So it looks like I might very well be going for the A1SR:rolleyes: But before I do, can anyone tell me how hard it is to setup due to the pioneer being very easy. BTW would the setup be anymore difficult due to my speaker setup (5 speakers, no sub, all LFE diverted to large front floorstanders).

Cheers

8. infomatique

infomatique

Products Owned:
    Products Wanted:
    Ratings:
    +0
    As a person who had to decide between these amplifiers I must say that I am inclined to agree with your friend.

I would not agree that the Denon is difficult to set up ... after all, that's half the fun. I would, however, suggest that you invest in a proper setup disc and consider getting a SPL meter. If you visit www.cornwallelectronics.co.uk you can purchase an analogue meter for about £25 (the test disks appear to recommend analogue rather than digital).