1. Join Now

AVForums.com uses cookies. By continuing to use this site, you are agreeing to our use of cookies. Learn More.

Best prices for Denon 2802 and Yamaha RX-V630

Discussion in 'AV Receivers & Amplifiers' started by Chucky, Aug 5, 2002.

Tags:
  1. Chucky

Chucky

Products Owned:
    Products Wanted:
    Ratings:
    +0
    The best I found so far are:

Denon AVR-2802 at £475 inc delivery from www.homecinemaheaven.com (i think)

Yamaha RX-V630 at £335 at www.unbeatable.co.uk

Has anybody seen cheaper, new or 2nd hand? Especially the 2802? I know you can buy it in Germany for about £445 new, so surely there must be cheaper places in UK ?

2. paulr

paulr

Products Owned:
    Products Wanted:
    Ratings:
    +68
    Make sure you get the gold 2802.....i've just got one,its awesome.
    btw...i paid over £500:(

Paul..

3. Chucky

Chucky

Products Owned:
    Products Wanted:
    Ratings:
    +0
    I am now inclined to view that I will go for the Yamaha RX-V630 because its a lot cheaper. I dont know if Denon is worth the huge price difference for me, I probably wont be able to tell the difference as i am not a very experienced audiophile, nor a musician. Moreover, this is more for films than music.

Still.. anybody know good prices, new or 2nd hand?

4. Chucky

Chucky

Products Owned:
    Products Wanted:
    Ratings:
    +0
    Looks like you can buy RX-V630RDS much cheaper in Germany, in fact for about £276 inc tax. And they seems to have it in "gold" which we dont even have in uk at all.

Surely there must be some places in UK where you can buy it for under £ 335 ?

5. jag

jag

Products Owned:
    Products Wanted:
    Ratings:
    +0
    If service counts then I just got the 2802 for £489 from discounttv. First rate service, very friendly and next day delivery.

6. Chucky

Chucky

Products Owned:
    Products Wanted:
    Ratings:
    +0
    Small breakthrough.. Richer Sounds site claims to sell RX-V630 for only £319.95. (plus shipping).
    But dont rush to buy it because naturally, they are "out of stock" -not that they ever had any!

The quest goes on for now.. I think i may hold off buying for another couple of weeks as lots of retailers will get these receivers in stock and hopefully push prices down a bit ?

7. Guest

Products Owned:
    Products Wanted:
    Ratings:
    +0
    Out of interest, where did you get the German price do you have a link? Why not import it from Germany if there's a significant price difference? I assume all warranties would now be EU-wide.

8. Chucky

Chucky

Products Owned:
    Products Wanted:
    Ratings:
    +0
    This is a link to the German "price finder" type of site.
    You would be surprised.

http://www1.guenstiger.de/gt/main.asp?produkt=227603&USID=099

However, I am planning to buy here ex-tax which works out a few pounds cheaper than buying from Germany (inc tax + shipping), and more reliable.
    I can buy ex tax because i will leave UK for good, in a couple of months time.

There is no question though, that if i was to travel to Germany for business or something - i would definitely buy there.

However, If German price inc tax is about same as what you pay here ex-tax, surely the UK prices have some way to go down ???

9. nunew33

nunew33
    Standard Member

Products Owned:
    Products Wanted:
    Lytham St Annes, where people are put out to grass
    Ratings:
    +2
    In case you havent already you should also consider the Marantz 4200/5200 against these two. Price wise they are on a par with the Yamaha, and are diue to drop with new versions about to come out.

10. Guest

Products Owned:
    Products Wanted:
    Ratings:
    +0
    Thanks for that. I agree, it may be that the prices at Richer, for example, may be the norm for the German High Street. Quite a thought.

11. richieuk

richieuk

Products Owned:
    Products Wanted:
    Ratings:
    +0
    Richer Sounds have the RXV630RDS listed as available now. Better get the order in quick!

Richieuk

12. Chucky

Chucky

Products Owned:
    Products Wanted:
    Ratings:
    +0
    Is it worth waiting for the first few days of September when all the new magazines come out like What Hifi, Home Cinema Choice etc?

I am thinking to possibly wait until then, as you often see all the shops advertise extra low prices, sometimes not seen on their websites at all!

13. Guest

Products Owned:
    Products Wanted:
    Ratings:
    +0
    with regards to richer sounds , having yamaha 630 , at 319, forget that.................go in the shop............they charge 390!!!!!!!and of course.....don,t ........have it..............

14. Wasabi

Wasabi

Products Owned:
    Products Wanted:
    SBC (Swedish Born Chinese)/lived in UK since 96, C
    Ratings:
    +32
    www.electronica24.de and www.hifi-regler.de are very good and trust worthy websites in Germany.

Yamaha RX-V630 cost around £280
    the new Onkyo TX-SA600 cost around £365
    Pioneer 811 cost around £290
    Kef KHT 2005 Eggs cost around £585

all from hifi-regler

Panasonic PT-AE100 cost around £1070 from electronica24

but not all bad news for UK sites, Kenwood are actually a bit cheaper here! so go and get one, probably because over there Kenwood has as good reputation as Denon/Yamaha/Marantz and magazine tests rate them highly, no need to be substantially cheaper than other brands. Maybe that is why HCC and Home-Ent gave Kenwood 5060D/6060 only 3stars as it might go against the nature of branding and marketing powers from other brands.

So if you have contacts in Germany, and they are coming over or you are going there, I don't see why not save few pounds

15. Guest

Products Owned:
    Products Wanted:
    Ratings:
    +0
    A number of German selers are happy to ship to the UK but only on the basis of a pre-paid non-cc order.

16. Wasabi

Wasabi

Products Owned:
    Products Wanted:
    Ratings:
    +32
    With www.mediacheckpoint.de another good German site, you pay on delivery. Also I have friends in Sweden that have bought from the other German sites with no problems.

I forgot to suggest that if you buy the Yamaha from Empire-direct.co.uk (£385 ex delivery) then you can use Richersounds as a price match and point that their prices are also valid in store, and hopefully they will refund 120% of the difference. That means your price will be around £307. If no luck, try with delivery price.

I myself are interested in the Kenwood 9060DS, and since there is no competition, I will have to buy it from Empire for £348 delivered.

One final thing, I would like suggest that if you do like very detailed reviews, which the british mags never give you these days (not so trustworthy anymore I would say), go to www.areadvd.de, where their detailed reviews on Denon 1803, Yamaha 630 and Kenwood 9060 among others are at least 6-7 A4 pages long each. And no they are not a sponsored site, they are fully objective. To get it in English, you can copy the text in bits>go to www.altavista.co.uk>click on translate on the left side>paste the text and click on translate> voila! in English.

17. camlogan

camlogan

Products Owned:
    Products Wanted:
    Ratings:
    +0
  18. Wasabi

Wasabi

Products Owned:
    Products Wanted:
    Ratings:
    +32
    I just want to clear up, the price match would be for (receiver) RXV630, not AX630.

thanks,

19. wilber

wilber

Products Owned:
    Products Wanted:
    Ratings:
    +30
    From memory Richer's do the DSP-AX630SE for £335 & RX-V630RDS for £320 (which is the one I got). These are their web prices but you can always get the store to price match that, though they will sometimes try to insist on including the £10 P&P, I never have had to pay it though!

20. Big_AL007

Big_AL007

Products Owned:
    Products Wanted:
    Ratings:
    +0
    The DSP AX630se should be cheaper as it has no tuner, so if you dont need one go for that, as it is exactly the same otherwise.