Prominent Member
Reaction score
Hi guys
Just wondering which is the Best prices 65 4K HDR TV around £1000 at the moment

Im looking at the
Panasonic TX-65EX700B
Hisense H65N6800

Any other options ?

I was aiming to get a KD65XE9005 but my budget has gone down but the the prices on the tv have stayed the same.

Any other options available, I dont think im going to be able to get a decent TV at till end of the year if i miss out now.

Try to stretch to the Samsung 65M70xx, Hisense NU8700 if you can.

If you can't then either of those tv's are good options. Neither is better than the next.

Try to stretch to the Samsung 65M70xx, Hisense NU8700 if you can.

If you can't then either of those tv's are good options. Neither is better than the next.
I only managed to find the Samsung 65MU7000 and a 65MU7070 but no stock near me.
ill take a look at the Hisense NU8700 I think only Johnlewis sells it

out of the 2 models I've posted, are they both the same ? the Hisense is about £200.

How do the Panasonic and hisense compare to KD65XE9005 you suggested before ?
What about
H65N5750

Is it worth considering any of the sony, Samsung, LG or Philips.

Any other options ?

Last edited:
There aren't as many alternatives as you might think, certainly not ones that for certain will be good buys. Having said that there's always a risk when buying a tv anyway.

My best value TVs, 2017 Edition might help you see the differences between many models. If you look at 65" you can see the different performance categories each tv sits in. The description beneath explains the differences.

I only managed to find the Samsung 65MU7000 and a 65MU7070 but no stock near me.
Seems to be common now that some 2017 models are selling out. How are you checking for stock? Any model starting with MU70 will be the same tv which is why I used MU70xx where "xx" can be many different numbers for the same tv. In this case you found both revisions; MU7000 and MU7070.
out of the 2 models I've posted, are they both the same ? the Hisense is about £200.
£200? That's an insanely low price. I'm guessing you meant £200 cheaper than the Panasonic EX700? They are both equal performers so if that's the difference in price it makes the decision easier.
How do the Panasonic and hisense compare to KD65XE9005 you suggested before
They are very different tv's sitting in the low range sector compared to upper mid range. More than enough for most people.
What about
H65N5750
No idea about this tv but specs wise it sits below the Panasonic EX700 and Hisense N6800 because it lacks a wide colour gamut.

My suggestions were only made because the Hisense NU8700 and Samsung MU70xx are in the lower mid range and have been discounted a lot more than low range tv's so represent a little better value.

You may also consider the new Hisense U7 that seems to be impressive on paper although it's a new model so it's more of a risk without any reviews or user feedback yet.

Seems to be common now that some 2017 models are selling out. How are you checking for stock? Any model starting with MU70 will be the same tv which is why I used MU70xx where "xx" can be many different numbers for the same tv. In this case you found both revisions; MU7000 and MU7070.
I searched the models, had a look at the companies I trusted, but they had no delivery options for the TV so entered the my postcode for local stock.

£200? That's an insanely low price. I'm guessing you meant £200 cheaper than the Panasonic EX700? They are both equal performers so if that's the difference in price it makes the decision easier.
Yes I meant £200 cheaper then the Panasonic. Price makes a huge difference but brand also makes some diffrence, if the quality is the same and I would get the same warranty on both.

Ill try and compare the spec to see if they are both the same or if one has any extra needed features.

The issue with KD65XE9005 its a good tv so the price has not dropped much and a lot of stores dont have stock or stopped selling it.

Would you say any of the other sony tvs are worth considering or any other lower mid range TVs

My best value TVs, 2017 Edition might help you see the differences between many models. If you look at 65" you can see the different performance categories each tv sits in. The description beneath explains the differences.
Thanks that was helpful but some of the Tv's are out of stock or discontinued
Will you be updating this with a 2018 list ?

Will you be updating this with a 2018 list ?

I think Dodge will as time passes as there is limited info from the 2018 models as of yet,more reviews are coming thick and fast.

We are also asking what panel types are in these new tv's as well on a separate thread to be better placed to provide sound advice when people ask questions later on in the year.

2017 models are now scarce and thin on the ground everywhere in Europe.

I think Dodge will as time passes as there is limited info from the 2018 models as of yet,more reviews are coming thick and fast.

We are also asking what panel types are in these new tv's as well on a separate thread to be better placed to provide sound advice when people ask questions later on in the year.

2017 models are now scarce and thin on the ground everywhere in Europe.
If thats the case should i hold out for a new 2018 model or would i be better of with just getting of the 2017 models ?

The mu7000 samsung looks like the best deal for a good 65 inch without taking a second mortgage. Other higher end specs models are out of my price range in my situation..

I am working on the missus to get a 65inch telly I originally set on 55 inch and a soundbar. I have increased my budget slighty and an forgoing a soundbar for the moment.

You could try a refurb unit but personally I don't trust them, this is based on no knowledge however so up to you here. I just don't want a broken telly in 18 months time. Not sure it's worth spending in warranty...

I don't think the high end 2017 models will drop too much more as everyone recommends them so they sell anyhow.. However I personally won't get a 2018 model as they seem alot more expensive..

Having looked at the 85 Sony and the 70 series I will prob by on of these if I go 65 inch in a couple of week (waiting last pay input) although I was impressed with the Sonyxe 9005 or Sam q7f I would ha be to settle for 55 inch.. This is my dilemma.

Its very hard to write a guide right now with stock levels low and prices all over the place, but it is at least a guideline to which models represent best value within their respective performance categories. If for example you can't find the MU7000 in the mid range models maybe you can find the others listed for less.

There isn't a single TV I haven't considered in the guide, so if its not listed its because its either overpriced or not good quality compared to the competition. That doesn't mean you may not find a good deal on a lesser TV, just that I don't personally recommend other models.

Think about the price that you pay for a TV in the low range category compared to the lower mid range, if availability is poor on one model, look at the next. If the budget models at 65" are a good £400+ lower than the mid range then it makes sense to get one of the budget models instead. At the time I last updated the guide the lower mid range models were only £100-200 more.

As for the Hisense N6800 versus the Panasonic EX700 there is very little difference. I know people don't like to buy Hisense because they haven't heard of the brand, but they actually do have a lot in their favour compared to Panasonic.

Pros:
Users comment about above average sound quality with Hisense TVs.
Hisense sell more TVs globally than Both Sony and Panasonic. Only Samsung and LG sell more.
The build quality of the Hisense models are very good and have been praised in countless reviews.

Impartial:
Hisense' smart TV isn't really any better or worse than Panasonic's.

Cons:
People seem to be a little sceptical with picture processing not being the greatest, but really you are comparing good to very good and actually with TVs in the lower range I would be surprised if people even noticed a difference.

The latest video from AVForums

Is 4K Blu-ray Worth It?
Subscribe to our YouTube channel
Back
Top Bottom