Best price on a Toshiba 32wlt66

Discussion in 'LCD & LED LCD TVs Forum' started by paul_bunce, Jan 5, 2007.

Tags:
  1. paul_bunce

paul_bunce
    Standard Member

Products Owned:
    Products Wanted:
    Ratings:
    +1
    Im looking to purchase this tv after reading good reviews. John lewis have it for 699 and empire direct have it for 599. Can I go into a JL store and ask them to drop it to 599? Its the Peterborough JL store.

Or is it cheaper anywhere else?

2. lord-dudester

lord-dudester

Products Owned:
    Products Wanted:
    Ratings:
    +269
    you could get it for £539 from dixons a few weeks back, check the promo codes thread for more info

3. paul_bunce

paul_bunce
    Standard Member

Products Owned:
    Products Wanted:
    Ratings:
    +1
    How do I price mach with JL, what proof do I need?

4. keefrto

keefrto

Products Owned:
    Products Wanted:
    Ratings:
    +0
    I am looking at buying the exact same and have asked jl to pricematch pixmania for 598 pounds delivered and given them the details of this offer. If you can get the empire direct offer and print it off, then go to JL and ask them to pricematch. p.s. I can only see the price of 599 from ep excluding delivery, is that what you are trying to pm?

5. keefrto

keefrto

Products Owned:
    Products Wanted:
    Ratings:
    +0
    Comet boy refused today any price match and slagged off Dixons as well. I am sure i read somewhere that the tosh could not do home cinema attached to it but comet boy seemed convinced it could. Anyone any idea?

6. paul_bunce

paul_bunce
    Standard Member

Products Owned:
    Products Wanted:
    Ratings:
    +1
    How do you mean? You can just take the rca audio feed from it for sound when watching normal tv, and During dvd playback I will take the sound direct from the DVD player?

7. paul_bunce

paul_bunce
    Standard Member

Products Owned:
    Products Wanted:
    Ratings:
    +1
    What did JL say to you about this price match? Was it ok or are they getting back to you? I dint have a printer so im not sure yet as to how Im going to show them the price

8. moob

moob

Products Owned:
    Products Wanted:
    Ratings:
    +42

Paul, if you read through the JL pricematch thread (not all of it - it's really long) you'll see that it is down to JL to pricematch the product - they have an undersales team who actively (allegedly) seek out the price match claimed by the customer and then respond to the request.

So basically, go into JL, tell them it's X price in X store and they will do the rest.

Good luck.

9. keefrto

keefrto

Products Owned:
    Products Wanted:
    Ratings:
    +0
    I don't recall where I read the bit about the tosh and no home cinema but i hope it does cos I was looking at getting a nice little unit around £150 mark. Regards JL pm they said very busy just now and may take couple of days.shame really as i am getting itchy feet. Just noticed that Dixons have dropped their price to £608 - http://www.stockchecker.co.uk/PriceComparer.aspx?model=32wlt66, so even if JL don't pm pixmania, they will no doubt have to with DIXONS, although I note its not in stock with either of them

10. paul_bunce

paul_bunce
    Standard Member

Products Owned:
    Products Wanted:
    Ratings:
    +1
    I see Dixons selling for 608 pounds, if John Lewis have it tomorrow I may bite the bullit and go for it.

11. jan

jan

Products Owned:
    Products Wanted:
    Ratings:
    +0
    Paul I bought this set last weekend.Must say it has excellent pic on all inputs,analogue,freeview and Ntl box.I got it from local currys store (Halifax) for £599.I printed out the empiredirect price (£599) page and the manager price matched it no problem.They also let me take the low cost finance to pay for it in september!Sound and vision in Bolton do it for £609.hope this helps.

12. neilmcl

neilmcl

Products Owned:
    Products Wanted:
    Ratings:
    +292
    I very much doubt you'll get a pricematch from JL Peterborough in anything less than 48 hrs, you certainly won't get it on the day by going to the store. Its best to ring up the store and ask for an undersale against the price you've found, the pricematching store must be the bricks & morter price, if its internet only then no chance I'm afraid.

13. JonBuoy

JonBuoy
    Standard Member

Products Owned:
    Products Wanted:
    Ratings:
    +0
    Currys in Loughborough had it on display for £590 yesterday - just waiting for JL to get some stock !

14. keefrto

keefrto

Products Owned:
    Products Wanted:
    Ratings:
    +0
    good price, is that a display model or??

15. FoneFreak

FoneFreak

Products Owned:
    Products Wanted:
    Ratings:
    +0
    the black samsung would proberbly be better, i thinks its in the £599 bracket now aswell?

16. JonBuoy

JonBuoy
    Standard Member

Products Owned:
    Products Wanted:
    Ratings:
    +0
    Not sure but don't think so - it was on the shelf with all the other models and there was a sticker over the front of the price tag/description card saying 'reduced to £589.95' (or 589.99)

17. keefrto

keefrto

Products Owned:
    Products Wanted:
    Ratings:
    +0
    have u asked for jl to pm this, even though they don't have stock they should honour this

18. JonBuoy

JonBuoy
    Standard Member

Products Owned:
    Products Wanted:
    Ratings:
    +0
    JL said that they would not PM on units that they themselves did not have in stock.

19. keefrto

keefrto

Products Owned:
    Products Wanted:
    Ratings:
    +0
    I understood that too, however after speaking to (granted different JL staff) I was informed that although no stock in, we are getting stock this week so we can pm. I think it depends on what kind of mood they are in