Best price on a Pioneer DVR-520/720?

Discussion in 'Blu-ray & DVD Players & Recorders' started by hutchingsp, Jan 2, 2005.

1. hutchingsp

hutchingsp

Products Owned:
    Products Wanted:
    Ratings:
    +0
    As subject really, I think I've made my mind up, just need to decide between these two, which I think comes down to price vs capacity.

Multi-region would be very nice but not essential, and I'd prefer to buy somewhere with a decent reputation (i.e doesn't get ****ty about goods returned under distance selling regs).

cheers,
    Paul

2. gitfinger

gitfinger

Products Owned:
    Products Wanted:
    Ratings:
    +0
    The 720 is £429 (£449 for MR) and the 520 is £358 (£383 for MR) including delivery at:

http://www.prcdirect.co.uk/PRC/PRC.storefront

I suppose it depends if you think less than £1 per extra mb is worth it!

Not sure of the aftersales care though as I haven't bought anything from them!

3. ABP

ABP

Products Owned:
    Products Wanted:
    Ratings:
    +0
    Looking at this model myself. torn between this and the Toshiba X32. I already have a Pioneer 545 DVD Player and found that a great machine and would like the recorded disks to play on the 545. Still weighing up the options Progressive scan or not. The best price i have found so far from a reputable dealer is for the 520 at £349 from Empire Direct. I have bought loads from Empire and never had a problem. I have posted a link below. Good look... let me know what your decision is and why... many thanks

ABP

http://www.empire-direct.co.uk/content/products/details/html/PIO-DVR520HS.htm

4. hutchingsp

hutchingsp

Products Owned:
    Products Wanted:
    Ratings:
    +0
    Well at the moment I think I've decided on the 520 as it and the 720 are identical except capacity.

Multi-region would be useful to me as well.

So far for an MR machine, Multizonedvd and Peter Tyson come out with the best prices at £389 for the 520.

The 720 seems to be around the £440 mark from Electrocentre.

I don't think I've seen a 520 for less than £349 anywhere.

I'm leaning towards Tysons because they have a good reputation going off Google (haven't searched here yet), have been a "family business" so hopefully aren't as corporate as some with regard to customer service, offer some goodies in the way of 10 free DVD-R media and a scart lead (OK not much but it all counts) and offer next day delivery vs "several working days.

cheers,
    Paul