1. Join Now

AVForums.com uses cookies. By continuing to use this site, you are agreeing to our use of cookies. Learn More.

Best price NW HD5

Discussion in 'Headphones, Earphones & Portable Music' started by cheshire_carper, Aug 11, 2005.

1. cheshire_carper

cheshire_carper

Products Owned:
    Products Wanted:
    Ratings:
    +38
    Hi all
    Had an Ipod 60 Gb colo(u)r with a pair Shure e3cs. The hiss on the amp did my nut in. At lowest volume with no tracks playing it was a constant hssssssssssssssssssssssssssssssss

So I took it back to Dixons and got my 299 back.

I`m after a HD5 now. I tested one with my Shures and couldn`t seem to hear any hiss. Maybe the attenuation/impedance mix between Shures and HD5 is a lot better/more compatible. In the same shop I tried an iRiver. That was as noisy as the ipod.

My question. Where is the cheapest price for an HD5? I have seen 179 on the net and 199 on the highstreet - but I see people talking about 140 prices on here.

Anyway, any tips welcomed, even if its to agree with my ipod findings/mixed with the e3cs.

I will really miss the ratings and playlists of the ipod - they were very tidy - but I cannot put up with the static. I would love to rate my tunes again though :thumbsup:

ta all!

2. AlexGarfield

AlexGarfield

Products Owned:
    Products Wanted:
    Ratings:
    +0
    i saw one for 201 USD on amazon, i was so uspet i should of bought it but decited to wait, it was gone when i looked again