1. Join Now

AVForums.com uses cookies. By continuing to use this site, you are agreeing to our use of cookies. Learn More.

Best price for the PWD7

Discussion in 'Plasma TVs' started by Alexg, May 16, 2005.

1. Alexg

Alexg

Products Owned:
    Products Wanted:
    Ratings:
    +0
    Hey,

Prices keep changing, its hard to keep track! AV-sales now sell it for £1387 - is this currently the cheapest place for the screen?

Many thanks.

2. lee_car

lee_car

Products Owned:
    Products Wanted:
    Ratings:
    +2
    Richer Sounds are doing it for 1400 with tuner, input board, dvd player and surround sound. or 999 for just the screen.
    lee

3. bin_man

bin_man
    Standard Member

Products Owned:
    Products Wanted:
    Ratings:
    +0
  4. Taz69

Taz69

Products Owned:
    Products Wanted:
    Ratings:
    +54

Thats the 37" I think he wants the 42" version m8, price's will drop again soon, ready for new stuff. RS has a better price for warranty, although people slate em on these forums, I have dealt with them many times no problems at all.

Taz

5. Alexg

Alexg

Products Owned:
    Products Wanted:
    Ratings:
    +0
    Taz, how long do you suggest I wait? I really want a plasma but if the going rate is going to drop a little in the next month then I might wait a little bit longer.

I see no point in getting a hi def pannel yet as HDTV isn't going to be here for atleast another 2 years so whats the point? might as well get the latest unit when its out in full.

6. Taz69

Taz69

Products Owned:
    Products Wanted:
    Ratings:
    +54
    well m8, if plasma prices are anything like CPU's etc then around every 3months, I think the last price was altered about 6weeks ago, so could be soon, the PE50 and 500 are due in numbers soon aswell, so that may alter prices a bit, hopefully downwards,

Taz

7. hornydragon

hornydragon

Products Owned:
    Products Wanted:
    Somewhere near the M4 most of the time......
    Ratings:
    +1,215
    unfortunately as Panasonic consumer UK have dropped panels business sytems UK have the whole Panny panel market and being more commercially focused means big drops dont happen and with the incease in volume i doubt PWD7 prices will fall much the 1099 PWD6 was i think o one time offer Prices are going to creep up to include digital connectivity. That said with the PV500 due very soon keep an eye out for people selling 6 month old PW7/PWD7/PWD6 models........

8. frank-g

frank-g
    Standard Member

Products Owned:
    Products Wanted:
    Ratings:
    +0
    Alexg

If you look at this thread http://www.avforums.com/forums/showthread.php?t=191475&page=1&pp=15 you'll see that the price for PW7's has been a long running discussion. To be honest I got fed up waiting for any great price movement a got my PWD7 from AV-sales. Tell ya what, I am very, very pleased with my purchase.

Like most things new models are always coming out, so you have to balance how much you want something. I have had my plasma for about 3 months and there has been no real price change. I've been reading all this stuff about Hi Def screens but when actually are Hi Def broadcasts going to start. I think I would be a little peeved if I stumped up premium dollar for a new Hi Def plasma and then had to wait a couple of years before I could even receive a Hi Def picture and by then there would be a lot more Hi Def plasmas on the market, this will of course bring the price down.

My advice, for what it's worth buy now and enjoy.

9. Siamese Cat

Siamese Cat

Products Owned:
    Products Wanted:
    Ratings:
    +127
    Saw it a few weeks ago at Selfridges for £2500. Is this the worst price?

10. MAW

MAW
    Banned

Products Owned:
    Products Wanted:
    Ratings:
    +412
    Shop@panasonic, guildford, £2695. I have a big install going on in line of sight of the window, that's very good for client gratitude!