Best Price for Pioneer 428XD ?

bobby1amp

Standard Member
Hi, is anyone else looking to buy this plasma and if so whats the best price you've found. A lot of the price comparison sites are qouting £1499 but that doesn't include much of a warranty, and not sure whether i'd really want to make the purchase on the web anyway. My local dealer is asking £1799 with only a 1 year warranty, was wondering if anyone else had any better quotes ?

criticalmass

Hi, is anyone else looking to buy this plasma and if so whats the best price you've found. A lot of the price comparison sites are qouting £1499 but that doesn't include much of a warranty, and not sure whether i'd really want to make the purchase on the web anyway. My local dealer is asking £1799 with only a 1 year warranty, was wondering if anyone else had any better quotes ?

Although i've had a run in with them in the past and found the owner Serb to be a bit of an ass, LE Concepts are selling it for £1699 with a 5 year warranty + either a free pedestal stand or lec slim wall mount if you buy before 31st Jan

http://www.leconcepts.com/products/plasma-tvs/pioneer-pdp-428xd-plasma-hdtv.html

bobby1amp

Standard Member
Thanks for the quick reply, after many hours of checking prices, decided to try a PM with JL on the 4280xd instead. Hopefully will get it @ £1399 with 5 yr warranty..

Edward P

The prices seem to change daily. But I was impressed with RGB's offer of 1620 including the nicer, swivel, stand including delivery. They have two outlets in Essex, but I'm not sure you'll get the 5 year Pio warranty with that. Another option would be to wait a bit and go ED when their 10% vouchers re-emerge, which would give you 428 and Swivel for 1560 inc delivery (or 4280 for 1260 in delivery). I had the latter deal staring at me from my screen on Christmas eve, but a nasty cold prompted me to make the fatal mistake of delaying my order. ED are also doing a 3yr warranty top up if you buy their EDExtra card for 20 quid and another poster also confirmed that ED give the Pio warranty on their existing 'sale' prices if you go to one of their warehouses. Finally, Sound and Vision (Bolton) have good deals right now and if my memory serves me Digital Point are doing the 428 and TS25B for 1650. It's a shame JL don't stock the 428 but I think you'd have done very well if you get them to drop their price 400 quid and throw in a gold standard 5 year warranty. Good luck!

MERCKX

Standard Member
We bought the 428 for £1495 with 5 year warranty - Lintone Audio Gateshead.

They reduced their price from £1699 when we asked them to match the pre-christmas price of £1495 (£1549 now) at Total Digital.

Have a look on the Pioneer website and find your local stockist that does the 5 year warranty and ask them to match the cheapest price that you can find on the net.

The latest video from AVForums

Star Wars Andor, Woman King, more Star Trek 4K, Rings of Power & the latest TV, movies & 4K releases
Subscribe to our YouTube channel
Support AVForums with Patreon

Top Bottom