1. Join Now

AVForums.com uses cookies. By continuing to use this site, you are agreeing to our use of cookies. Learn More.

Best Price for Marantz SR4200 ?

Discussion in 'AV Receivers & Amplifiers' started by mwhorley, Jan 8, 2002.

Tags:
  1. mwhorley

mwhorley

Products Owned:
    Products Wanted:
    Ratings:
    +0
    I've been deliberating for some time now on whether to buy the Yamaha RXV620RDS or the Marantz SR4200 - both of which review very well.

I presume in terms of quality the Yamaha probably edges it but there is a cost difference.

So far the best price I have found for the 4200 is £259 inc delivery from AVLAND - has anyone come across it cheaper than this ?

For the Yam RXV620 i'm looking at another £70 ie £329 inc delivery from unbeatable.

I'm very tempted to save the £70 and go for the Marantz.

Any views or better prices ?

Cheers,
    Mike.

2. pizzed-monkey

pizzed-monkey

Products Owned:
    Products Wanted:
    a deep pit full of rattle snakes and a very old l
    Ratings:
    +14
    .....I've decided to go for the marantz sr4200 as well.

I'm waiting for Avland to get more stock in at the moment, dont fall into the sticky trap of odering before they do! have a look at richersounds.com which lists them for £256 as well, but £299 in my local branch!!!!(London Bridge):confused:

....if anyone knows of a better deal in the London area or on the web I would be most greatful as well!

cheers
    pizzed-monkey

3. mandlebrot

mandlebrot
    Standard Member

Products Owned:
    Products Wanted:
    Ratings:
    +0
    Well I got my SR4200 for £240 from Richer Sounds, Stockport. They also had it in the shop for £299 so first of all you can get them on there price promise by quoting their web site price, they will then sell it you at 10% above their web price which is £281 which I paid. Then I went out of shop and came back later telling them that I had a quote for £250 from SuperFi, which was true, they then refund the diff plus give you a £10 bonus = £240 paid.

Make sure you have got a qoute from a retail outlet somewhere fairly near by though and you may have to ask them for the £10 bonus cause sometimes they won't mention it if you don't.

If you don't want to go through all that then just order from their web site for the £256, they have got them in stock at the moment and delivery is free.

Lastly the Marantz is brill and you will be glad you made that choice. :cool:

4. pizzed-monkey

pizzed-monkey

Products Owned:
    Products Wanted:
    a deep pit full of rattle snakes and a very old l
    Ratings:
    +14
    ......I just phoned the richer sounds number off the web site and they quoted me £19.99 del on top of that price:(

......plus the geezer said they dont stock the gold version even though this is the one they show in every photo.......I know colours not that important -
    but hey! It looks great in that finish, so I'm gonna keep looking.......

cheers
    pizzed-monkey

5. Keiron

Keiron

Products Owned:
    Products Wanted:
    Ratings:
    +101
    Also ask about the warranty offered. If I'm not mistaken, Richer sell grey imported Marantz and only offer a 12 month warranty whereas approved dealers give 24 months. (Like I say I could be mistaken but it's worth asking!)