best price for LG 55LW550T

ppj

Established Member
Reaction score
DECIDED ON THE LG , WHERES THE BEST OFFERS? PLEASE:D

Richer Sounds will pricematch/beat anyone.. and are usually very competative to start with. The staff are very helpfull, know their stuff and they wont try and sell you a grossly overpriced 5 year extended warranty. I was so impressed with them that they would be my first port of call in the future..

found good deal with free delivery from crampton & moore. anyone dealt with them?

anyone got a voucher code for crampton & moore

Richer Sounds will pricematch/beat anyone.. and are usually very competative to start with. The staff are very helpfull, know their stuff and they wont try and sell you a grossly overpriced 5 year extended warranty. I was so impressed with them that they would be my first port of call in the future..

Richer Sounds will only price match a TV if
And its a BIG IF
you can find the same TV elsewhere that also includes a 5 yr warranty cheaper than the RS price with their 5yr warranty.

Richer Sounds will only price match a TV if
And its a BIG IF
you can find the same TV elsewhere that also includes a 5 yr warranty cheaper than the RS price with their 5yr warranty.

I didn't buy their warranty so it wouldn't have applied to me but I didn't know that, fair point!

I agree with everything else you said about RS though
I have been using them for aver 15 yrs now and are usually the first place i go.
Customer service is fantastic.
In the last year 2 products i purchased from them dropped in price within 6 weeks or so.
On both occasions i popped in & they refunded the difference no quibble.
Always take out the 5yr warranty as well especially as its refunded if not used (Apart from TV's)
Plus you dont have to take out the warranty at the time of purchase.
You have until the manufacturers original warranty runs out to take up the RS warranty (Little known fact)

DECIDED ON THE LG , WHERES THE BEST OFFERS? PLEASE:D

Try JL to Pricematch RS at their Standard Price and you should get the 5 Year Warranty if your successful from JL. Also if you are a Sky Customer, you can claim back £100 on this model, thats another saving you can make, and after reading feedback from forum members the JL warranty seems to be a good deal.

I`m still on the fence over this passive model. but i`ll need to make a decision if i want it for Exmas.

Good Luck on your passive hunt.:thumbsup:

I recently got the 55LW550t from JL, pricematched electrocenter at 1278. I am going to contact JL with the RS price of 1199, hopefully will get back the 79 quid. As for the TV, I am really happy with it, great 3d and hd, ok 2d. Watched Real Madrid v Barcelona on Sky on the weekend, awesome!

Still unsure of this TV due to the poor SD quality after reading various reports on it. I`d be using it for mainly SD so i`m very much undecided at the moment.
I`ve seen demo`s of it at Comet and Curry`s and the 3d looks awesome to say the least, and getting passive would be a far better choice for me having family and friends around watching 3d and blue`s with the cinema glasses.

Still, i`ve got just under a couple of weeks to look about and check prices on this model or go the active route??....:confused: dam confussion:confused:

I think you've got to ask yourself how much 3d you are going to watch I had the 47" 550t and it was sent back due to banding and the 2d was not great to be honest

golly99
I think your spot on when you say how much 3d & blu`s are gonna be watched. After all the 3D`s & blu`s movies have been extinguised, then its back to SD tv, which in fairness will be watched more often than watching Blu`s & 3d`s.
So I`d be looking for a good allrounder at a budget of 1.2k, and seeing that the active glasses have been dropping like a bad girls garments, i would probably go the active plasma route at my budget, as LED dosen`t look like its gonna cut it for me with SD quality.:rolleyes:

Still unsure of this TV due to the poor SD quality after reading various reports on it. I`d be using it for mainly SD so i`m very much undecided at the moment.
I`ve seen demo`s of it at Comet and Curry`s and the 3d looks awesome to say the least, and getting passive would be a far better choice for me having family and friends around watching 3d and blue`s with the cinema glasses.
Don't forget SD qaulity will relate back to the source. I have 3 sources of SD material for my LG and in order of quality:

1. Virgin Media Cable
  2. LG (FreeView from the TV)
  3. Samsung (FreeView)
I'd also take account of the fact 3D broadcasts may well be commonplace in a year or so (especially after the digital changeover next March).

Don't forget SD qaulity will relate back to the source. I have 3 sources of SD material for my LG and in order of quality:

1. Virgin Media Cable
  2. LG (FreeView from the TV)
  3. Samsung (FreeView)
I'd also take account of the fact 3D broadcasts may well be commonplace in a year or so (especially after the digital changeover next March).
Very true Jason

We have been digital for quite a few months up north, but not having a set that produces HD signals (Sony Bravia 40") five years old. I have Sky+ but not HD.
I``ve seen a few Threads of yours in the forum and you seem to be very knowledgable on AV Gear, So you recon that looking to the future this LG model would be acceptable, because i`ve been watching LG passive`s for some time now, and more or less set my sights on it for having the easy wearing glasses for the 3D feature.

So you recon that looking to the future this LG model would be acceptable, because i`ve been watching LG passive`s for some time now, and more or less set my sights on it for having the easy wearing glasses for the 3D feature.
Personally I think you'd love it :thumbsup:

Don't forget the TV has a built-in 2D->3D converter (most models do anyway) so for even watching old films or DVDs this adds a useful feature you otherwise wouldn't have.

Passive really is so easy to watch (as a family we watch all films in 3D) and if you check the Forum you simply wont find anyone who complains about the 3D - and that surely says an awful lot :)

But you will find loads of people in the 550/650 thread who have since returned them due to the poor 2d quality. Your choice though!

But you will find loads of people in the 550/650 thread who have since returned them due to the poor 2d quality. Your choice though!
Yes; but that's due to actual display panel faults (banding and DSE as you mentioned before) rather than a specific problem with the quality of SD material

Plenty of owners are obviously very happy with the set so they can't all be bad.

Cheers Guys` for the info on the LG

I do wish LG would get their selves sorted on the FW updates ASAP as it seems that this TV has been sinking just after launch. After looking in depth at the 550/650 forum, and reading that certain members having sent their`s back, it puts me in limbo as of what to buy. I keep reading about certain builds, and the later the build seems to be the ones with less issues, It seems that Updated firmware is urgently required for these sets

I`ll go and have another look at some of the big stores for another demo, and hopefully, and finally make my choices

Cheers again Guy`s:)

All I can is Lg 550t = banding/dse,plasma = no banding/dse! Seen 3x 550t inc my own and they all had it

I do wish LG would get their selves sorted on the FW updates ASAP as it seems that this TV has been sinking just after launch. After looking in depth at the 550/650 forum, and reading that certain members having sent their`s back, it puts me in limbo as of what to buy. I keep reading about certain builds, and the later the build seems to be the ones with less issues, It seems that Updated firmware is urgently required for these sets
:)

I was a bit apprehensive when buying mine (55LW550T), and I got a July model, but there is no banding or any such issues. I think banding is a hardware issue, so if you are unlucky enough to get one, then you will have to return it, I dont think any firmware can fix it. Not sure about this, but I read that somewhere. As for SD, I do watch BBC 1 a lot on SD, I find no issues with the picture at all.

Golly99

My son has a samsung 51d6900 Plasma in his bedroom upstairs and that was my second choice after reading the returns issues in the 550/650 forum. I`ve also read the d6900 forum and they give it good raport.
Thoughts pls.:)

I was thinking of getting the 51d6900 before i decided on passive, I had read up on it a lot, it seems to be a very good set, most people on the owners thread seem very happy with it.

I was a bit apprehensive when buying mine (55LW550T), and I got a July model, but there is no banding or any such issues. I think banding is a hardware issue, so if you are unlucky enough to get one, then you will have to return it, I dont think any firmware can fix it. Not sure about this, but I read that somewhere. As for SD, I do watch BBC 1 a lot on SD, I find no issues with the picture at all.

Hi sapbwstudent

As i said another trip , hopefully tomorrow or friday to the large retailers and have a really good demo with SD if they can, then I`ll know what route i shall make " Passive or Active":thumbsup:

Hi

I too was set on getting 55LW550T mainly due to cheap glasses, ( won't last long with kids!) But not so sure now after reading above posts.

It will mainly be used with Sky HD and very little 3D for the moment, Panasonic G30 is about the same price and LG 50PZ570 alot cheaper.

So confused now!

my set arrived .bought it online for £1149 plus sky £100 to reclaim . i watched many sources and was very happy ,great picture instore ,cheap glasses and cheap to run.:thumbsup:

The latest video from AVForums

Is 4K Blu-ray Worth It?
Subscribe to our YouTube channel
Back
Top Bottom