1. Join Now

AVForums.com uses cookies. By continuing to use this site, you are agreeing to our use of cookies. Learn More.

Best price for a Toshiba RDXS32

Discussion in 'Blu-ray & DVD Players & Recorders' started by Lex, Aug 9, 2004.

1. Lex

Lex

Products Owned:
    Products Wanted:
    Ratings:
    +4
    Just phoned Richer Sounds and the guy said that they are not selling these anymore! :eek: He said that only 3 stores in the country have any left (Brighton, Chelsea & Leeds) and that they won't be getting anymore in - ever!

So not sure where that leaves me now - anyone else curretnly looking to buy one?
    Best price I can find is rgbdirect.co.uk who are doing the multiregion for £409.95 delivered, followed by unbeatable.co.uk for £408.99 + £8 del

Anyone know of any better prices anywehere?

Cheers :smashin:

2. Tafkap

Tafkap
    Standard Member

Products Owned:
    Products Wanted:
    Ratings:
    +1
    The best price I found was from RGBdirect last week. Unfortunately my free delivery wasn't in the end, given my G postcode..read the small print!

It was only an extra tenner, so in total the Toshiba cost me 420, but it's well spent in my opinion - it's a very cool machine. Delivery was very swift so I've had a good experience overall.

Unfortunately there's little chance of getting a bargain on Ebay with dvd recorders - they seem to be very sought after devices, I've seen machines sold for practically cost price. And if it came to that I'd much rather buy from a retailer!

3. Rasczak

Rasczak
    Distinguished Member

Products Owned:
    Products Wanted:
    Ratings:
    +2,260
    QED have it for £404 including delivery:
    http://www.qed-uk.com/?i=&vp=6&bg=114&bp=xs32s&bi=0&ird=1404

Pricerunner issues has it cheaper at more dubious sources:
    http://www.pricerunner.co.uk/sound-and-vision/vision/dvd-players/212397/prices

Maybe he is getting confused with the discontinued RDXS30? There were plans by Toshiba UK to withdraw the RDXS32 in favour of the RDXS33 but that plan has been cancelled as the 33 was binned in favour of the RDXS34 in March next year :)

4. ben223

ben223

Products Owned:
    Products Wanted:
    Ratings:
    +0
    Digital (digitaldirectuk.com) have it for £394.50 incl. delivery

5. bobbles

bobbles

Products Owned:
    Products Wanted:
    Ratings:
    +0
    Very true

I upgraded my XS30 to 32 and sold the 30 on ebay. The upgrade cost me just over £40

I bought mine from RGB direct a few weeks ago; ordered it at around 2pm, next day delivery! Faultless service. I tried the RS route and they had none in any store within 100miles. None in the warehouse either.

6. Lex

Lex

Products Owned:
    Products Wanted:
    Ratings:
    +4
    Thanks for the replies guys...

It was the store manager and he seemed to be certain of what he was talking about - he quoted the 80gb HDD size for instance...

Unfortunately all of these cheaper prices are not the multiregion version (sorry I should have made it clearer that I wanted the MR version)

Thanks for your help guys. RGBDirect still seem to be the best price - if I can't beat it tonight I'm gonna order it from them tomorrow :clap:

7. jdarushall

jdarushall

Products Owned:
    Products Wanted:
    Ratings:
    +0
    It depends on which side of Birmingham... Leeds is just under 100 miles :D

I was told Leeds, Brigton and Exeter have a few and RS were unlikely to get any more in the future.

Funny how the places in Handsworth that normally sell this type of AV cheap don't have any???

Might try Comet and twist there arm into a price promise but didn't have much luck the last time.

£385 at direct digital is the cheapest I've "currently" seen and I've been looking a while now..............

8. Matthew Attoe

Matthew Attoe

Products Owned:
    Products Wanted:
    Ratings:
    +11
    Myself and goldfish (at least I think it was goldfish) got ours from richer sounds (norwich and leeds) a couple of months ago for £354 for the multiregion version, so if anyone does plan on getting one from RS then try to get them to honour the prices of the Norwich and Leeds stores.

I realise not many RS stores have them left, but if you're lucky enough to find one that does, you might as well try to get it for the cheapest possible price :)

Matthew

9. GoldFish

GoldFish
    Standard Member

Products Owned:
    Products Wanted:
    Ratings:
    +0
    Yeap it was me and alone with a few of my friends and work colleagues who got RS Leeds and Manchester to price beat. Bargains like this do not come often and the feedback I received from all of them were that even at the original quoted price of around £500 they would still consider the recorder is worth having.

:)

10. bobbles

bobbles

Products Owned:
    Products Wanted:
    Ratings:
    +0
    I think they stopped selling them at that price because they released they were price matching non-multiregion players.

All the midlands stores had them but have sold them such is the demand for this player.

I think it is well worth paying an extra £10 - £20 to get a multiregion player to save having 2 players in the main system.

11. Lex

Lex

Products Owned:
    Products Wanted:
    Ratings:
    +4
    Yeah I totally agree - it's one of those situations where you save £15 now and then regret it in the future and end up paying a lot more for an extra player...

That being the case RGB are the cheapest - I'm off to make the call :clap:

12. Bob Todd

Bob Todd
    Banned

Products Owned:
    Products Wanted:
    Ratings:
    +373
    gotmine from RGBdirect

13. Lex

Lex

Products Owned:
    Products Wanted:
    Ratings:
    +4
    Yeah, RGB seemed to be the best price, plus they were the only ones I spoke to who actually had it in stock! Ordered it this afternoon - £419 including next day delivery - can't wait to set this baby up tomorrow! :smashin:

14. Lex

Lex

Products Owned:
    Products Wanted:
    Ratings:
    +4
    I have taken delivery of it today :clap: but I can't get it set up right - I have started a thread on the subject here and would really appreciate knowing how you guys have done yours... :smashin: